Save Money When Buying Furniture
Saving money when purchasing furniture is not always easy. While you may think that choosing less expensive options are a good choice now, the money you will spend to repair or replace them will likely be more than it would have cost had you purchased a quality piece to begin with. These tips, however, will help you to reduce the financial impact when buying pieces for your home while still ensuring you make smart buying decisions.
Quality, Not Quantity
To get the most value for your money, it’s best to choose high-quality options over things that provide more quantity. A well-made dining table that fits your family but doesn’t have room for guests is preferable for your regular usage over a table with extra seating made from low-quality wood and has been poorly finished and varnished.
Understand Your Requirements
Be sure you know what you need. If you don’t have a clear understanding of what you’re looking for, you can waste time, money, and effort shopping around. Consider if you need a sectional sofa or if individual couches would better suit the space. Do you need a king-sized bed, or would a queen size be enough? Determining your requirements before you begin shopping allows you to be more efficient when looking for pieces. Smaller, less expensive pieces may suit you just as well as a larger item would have.
Opt for Custom Made Furniture
Selecting custom pieces allows you to specify each piece to your desires and also precisely fit your requirements. You may need a sofa with three seats and storage, but the factory standards only produce storage options for those with four seats. In this situation, you have two options. You can either purchase the larger piece of furniture, paying more for a bigger piece than necessary and giving up space in your home, potentially making the room feel smaller and more cluttered, or choose a piece of custom furniture. Custom pieces also offer more price transparency, as you are able to select each component of what goes into your finished piece and get a full breakdown of the cost of each material.
View Carrocel’s Wide Selection of Custom Furniture
At our 20,000 square-foot showroom located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in central Toronto, you will be able to view multiple offerings of our custom pieces of furniture to get ideas for your home. While here, enjoy the opportunity to speak with our furniture experts about designing your own pieces, or ask for advice and suggestions for your current décor. View some examples from our custom line:
Carrocel Custom Floating Top Mid Century Executive Desk
- Walnut, inset leather, and pewter
- Custom finished in polished espresso
- Carrocel Custom Floating Top Mid Century Executive Desk
Carrocel Custom Impero Dining Table
- Table top features a Macassar starburst field, burled walnut banding, and polished nickel
- Original Deco pedestal design featuring polished nickel trim
- Carrocel Custom Impero Dining Table
Carrocel Custom Olive Burled Dining Table
- Tiered olive burl slab top
- Interior leaves extend the table when needed
- Carrocel Custom Olive Burled Dining Table
Carrocel Custom Makassar Modern Sideboard Buffet
- Four doors containing four drawers on top and two shelves beneath
- Crafted from Makassar wood, brass, and walnut
- Carrocel Custom Makassar Modern Sideboard Buffet
Carrocel Custom Modern Walnut Sideboard
- Stainless steel accents, including semi-circle hardware
- Rift cut walnut material hand polished in a rich brown finish
- Carrocel Custom Modern Walnut Sideboard