How to Find a High End Furniture Store in Toronto
It might advertise itself as a fine furniture store in Toronto, but is that company really dealing in high-end furniture or just high prices? If you want to find quality furniture pieces at the right price, you need to visit a high-end furniture store that prides itself on offering exceptional quality. Luckily, there are ways to sift through the list of available furniture stores and find the right high-end retailer in your area.
Fine Furniture from Real Wood is Key
A fine furniture store in Toronto may dabble in rubber or metal, but a store that is truly high-end will put its main focus on wooden furniture. Wooden furniture is durable, customizable and can be handcrafted by some of the finest artisans in the world.
Tips to Distinguish Low End from High End Furniture
As you visit local high end furniture stores, there are a few things you can look for to differentiate the high-end retailers from the subpar ones. Some things to keep an eye out for include:
- Construction – Not all wooden furniture is necessarily high quality. You can tell whether or not you are dealing with a quality piece by examining its construction. The joints, more specifically, tell you how it was made. If the furniture is held together by staples or nails, it is shoddy and should not be purchased. If, however, there are dovetail joints (which look like interlocking teeth) and mortise-and-tenon joints (where a narrowed end inserts into another piece), you have found a high-quality piece of furniture.
- Reputation – Sometimes it just takes investigating the store’s reputation to determine if they are high-end. A fine furniture retailer will be noted as such in magazines, local listings and even have customer reviews testifying to their quality of furniture.
- In House Services – The services offered in house can help differentiate basic retailers from the better ones. High-end furniture stores often have in-house artisans that can customize furniture or even restore antiques that you have found, while basic stores do not.
- Quality – Look over the quality of upholstered items. If the springs are hand-tied or close together, cushions are firmly wrapped in foam and there is a protective cover, and the upholstery patterns line up perfectly, you are dealing with fine made luxury furniture.
Types of High-End Furniture for Various Rooms
If you have an empty house or are facing a big remodelling project, there are some big decisions you need to make with regard to the type of furniture for each room. Every room in your home has a purpose, and the furniture you decide to place in each room can accentuate or diminish its ambiance. Below are some ideas on the different types of high-end furniture that you could use for various rooms.
High-End Living Room Furniture
A loveseat pairs well with other seating options such as a sofa and makes for an ideal conversation area. They come in many styles, materials, and patterns, allowing you to find something that compliments your décor.
Typically placed in the middle of the seating area, coffee tables help integrate other elements in the room into the overall décor. You can use it to display centrepieces or as a convenient surface for your coffee cups, books, or laptop.
This is the biggest piece of furniture in the living room and is typically the focal point. In addition to providing a focal point and primary place for entertainment, it also shapes the room’s ambience and can be used to accentuate other decorative pieces. Hang a large ornate mirror or artwork on the wall behind the sofa to create a stronger visual effect.
High-End Home Office Furniture
A high-quality desk chair that is comfortable enough for the long hours you will need to be seated at your desk and which will provide proper lumbar support is ideal.
Just like your chair, the desk needs to be comfortable. This means it should be the right height, have drawers to prevent cluttering the surface, and also allow you to work without straining.
Today, people tend to have more digital data that needs to be stored than physical data. Still, a bookcase, shelves, extendable drawers or a minimal storage unit that can be tucked under the desk can prove useful.
Although space might be limited, accent seating in the form of a lounge chair or a wing-back can greatly improve the ambience of your home office.
Having a bookcase occupy one of the walls can instantly make your home office look more professional while also providing extra storage and spaces to display décor items such as vases and awards.
High-End Dining Room Furniture
This is the central meeting place for friends and family to enjoy meals. Consider investing in a high-quality, strong, and sturdy dining table that is the appropriate size for the room and will allow you to host large and small groups of people.
There are many comfortable seating options to choose from, including those with arms, ones with padding, and different-shaped backs depending on your style and preference.
These are not relegated to home bars only. They can also improve the look and feel of your dining room.
A sideboard or buffet can provide the additional storage you need for the various items you use in the dining room, including flatware, dishes, and linens. You can also place food trays on them during dinner.
High-End Bedroom Furniture
As the focal point of the room, choose a bed that is comfortable and the right size for the available space. This will determine the flexibility you will have when moving around the room.
A nightstand gives a complete and cozy feel to the bedroom. It also provides additional space and helps de-clutter the room
Often around waist-high, dressers are primarily used for clothing storage. Some are designed to allowing a mirror to be placed on top.
FAQs on High-End Furniture
Can you provide tips for finding the best high-end furniture in Toronto?
- Search online for high-end furniture stores in Toronto and compare customer reviews.
- Look at their website to view the type of furniture they offer and whether it fits your needs, style, and budget.
- Speak with someone from the store for assistance.
- Visit the store in person to look at their selection and determine their quality.
How do I clean high-end wood furniture?
- Dust the wood furniture regularly using a soft brush or cloth.
- Use a mild soap and water solution to spot-clean any spills or stains on the wood surface.
- When trying to remove stains or other tough spots, start with a mild cleaner and work up to stronger ones as needed.
Is it worth it to buy high-end furniture?
High-end furniture can be a great investment, as it is typically built to last and will look beautiful for years. Plus, since these items are usually made with high-quality materials and craftsmanship, they have the added benefit of being more resistant to wear and tear.
Why should I buy high-end furniture from Carrocel?
We have been in the luxury furniture business for over 30 years. We have built a reputation for providing the highest quality pieces, backed by our dedicated customer service team. We also have a wide selection of furniture available in many different styles, from classical to modern.
Trust in a Quality Furniture Store with a Long-Standing Reputation
Give your space a unique and elegant touch by adding fine furniture from one of our showrooms. Visit our high-end furniture store today or give us a call at 416-999-2525 to learn more about our unique items in stock.