Transitional style combines elements from both traditional and contemporary to create a classic, timeless design. Furniture is often simple, with curves and straight lines combining to create a sophisticated look. Often, a variety of textures are used on these pieces, including soft suede, textured yarns, corduroy, rattan, cotton, and leather.
The characteristics you can expect to see in transitional furniture include:
- Large, but not overwhelming size
- No extra decoration or ornamentation on the pieces
- Elegant use of both curves and straight lines
- Neutral, natural colour scheme focusing on creams, tans, browns, greys and blacks
- Soft, desaturated accent colours
- Pieces balance both masculine and feminine aspects for a universal appeal
Because the transitional style is a combination of various styles, you have a lot of creative freedom when it comes to incorporating this design into your home. It tends to be easier to decorate in this style as compared to one with more rules and regulations. Transitional style is perfect for creating calm, relaxing, and inviting rooms while still looking elegant and put-together.
The selection of transitional furniture at Carrocel includes items for every room in your home. If you are looking for a beautiful decorating design that bridges multiple styles, browse our collection of transitional pieces.