Mid-Century Modern Furniture
Mid-century modern design evolved during the middle of the 20th century. It is known for the use of flat panes, a strong connection to nature, an expanse of glass, wood, or metal, and fine craftsmanship. It celebrates flowing, organic forms, and contemporary patterns.
Furniture of this style typically has the following characteristics:
- An emphasis on function and practicality.
- Organic influences in the structure and craftsmanship.
- Simple styles with classic design in the form of gentle curves and straight, sleek lines.
- Tapered legs and fun geometric shapes.
- Colours ranging from bright candy shades to neutral, earthy hues.
- The ability to appeal to varied preferences and requirements
Over the years, this style has remained widely popular. This is due in part to the classic shapes and timeless designs incorporated in each piece. Because of this, mid-century modern furniture can easily blend with other styles. Building your collection piece by piece is an effective way of adding to your home.
The artisans at Carrocel have the skills to help you choose pieces that reflect your style and complement the decor of your home. Whether you wish to blend mid-century sets with other furniture or design an entirely new space with signature architectural lines from the 20th century, we will be happy to assist you.