Inspirations for a Bedroom Furniture Makeover
If there is one room in the home that merits time and attention with respect to its furniture and décor, it is the master bedroom; this is a homeowners’ sanctuary, the place where they can go to relax after a busy day, to enjoy some quiet time, and to get some well-deserved sleep. It is also the room that can often get overlooked during a home makeover.
Upon further reflection, perhaps Toronto homeowners should selfishly position the bedroom as first-on-the-list for any high-end furniture upgrades and/or decorating makeovers. Let’s face it – a little pampering can be mentally and physically therapeutic for those who spend a good deal of time in this room each and every day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I get quality custom bedroom furniture?
Here’s what you need to do to find quality custom bedroom furniture that lasts.
- Determine which wood furniture you want between solid wood, particleboard or composite wood and veneers.
- Solid wood – The most expensive option. Long-lasting, and looks great but susceptible to scratches and water rings.
- Veneers – Inexpensive wooden base covered with thin layers of higher quality wood.
- Particleboard and composite wood – The least expensive option but does not last as long.
- Ensure that the drawers and cabinets open smoothly, stay open when you need them to, close evenly, and latch properly.
- Avoid pieces joined by glue or weak nails and instead opt for those with wood joinery as they are studier and hold more weight.
- Choose a colour and material that suits your lifestyle – consider your kids, pets, etc.
- Stick to neutral colours for bigger expensive pieces and go bold on décor
Q2. What bedroom furniture do I need?
You spend a third of your entire life sleeping, so it’s essential that your bedroom be a comfortable space you are happy to spend time in. Here’s what you need to make your bedroom cozy and beautiful:
Choose the Right Bed
As one of the room’s focal points, choose a bed that is the right size and complete it by adding quality bed sheets, pillows, and quilts.
Place a Chair or Couch
Having extra custom bedroom furniture pieces such as a couch or chair, as well as a table, makes your bedroom more functional. Get some work done, read a book or grab a cup of coffee.
Get a Bedside Table to Add Extra Space
This piece can serve many different functions, including holding a glass of water, an alarm clock, medication, reading glasses and more.
Get a Wardrobe
This will help you declutter your bedroom by providing additional space and helping keep your bedroom organized.
Don’t Forget the Dressing Table
Not only to gain extra space, but it also acts as a dedicated area for getting ready.
Q3. How can you tell if furniture is of good quality?
Poor quality furniture tends to twist, wobble and creak. Good quality custom bedroom furniture, on the other hand, features scratch-resistant wood that does not dent easily. Although relatively expensive, good quality custom bedroom furniture will stand the test of time.
Get inspired by the superb collection of bedroom sets and pieces on display in the Carrocel fine furniture showroom in Toronto; you will like what you see.