Louis XVI Furniture
This style of furniture, architecture, art, and decoration was developed during the reign of King Louis XVI. It is influenced by Roman history, paintings, and structures. The combination of comfort and luxury is of one the classic examples of Louis XVI style.
The typical characteristics of this furniture style are as follows:
- Elegance, simplicity, and lightness.
- Oval or shield-shaped seat backs.
- Neat, angular, and geometric frames.
- Fine, delicate elements.
- Painted furniture with a preference for pastel colours and neutral shades.
- Subtle ornaments portraying birds, cherubs, and pastoral scenes.
You will find this furniture is often made with oak wood, walnut, mahogany, and ebony or other varieties of fruitwood to compose its ornaments, moving pieces, and fashionable elements.
If you are looking for furniture with a hint of antique quality and sophistication to incorporate into your home, Louis XVI furniture is an ideal choice.
At Carrocel, we have an exceptional selection of furniture depicting the style of the Louis XVI era. The thoughtful structure and sophistication of these pieces are just what you need to enhance the character and appeal of your home or office.