10 Quick Tips to Buy Authentic Vintage Furniture in Toronto
High-quality furniture can be expensive. After all, you’re paying for the quality of the materials used as well as the craftsmanship. However, there are ways to get high-quality furniture for less. For example, you can buy vintage furniture. Vintage furniture is a great way to add a unique appeal to your home. Buying vintage furniture is also environmentally friendly as you’re not contributing to the manufacturing of brand-new pieces.
With that in mind, it’s important to note that “vintage” is not the same as “used.” A true “vintage” piece is at least 30 to 40 years old. With that in mind, the following is a guide to buying vintage furniture in Toronto.
10 Tips to Buy Vintage Furniture in Toronto
The following are ten essential tips for finding and buying vintage furniture in the city:
- Find Good Sources and Pay Frequent Visits: Look for a couple of reliable places that sell vintage furniture that appeals to you. Places that stock high-quality vintage furniture will likely add to their inventory over time, so keep checking them.
- Look for Gently Used: Be sure the piece your buying is still in good condition despite being used. Otherwise, it may end up costing a significant amount to repair it.
- Find Furniture with Good Bones: Look for furniture pieces that are structurally sound and in good shape. This is especially important if you’re looking for an antique piece.
- Look for Lesser-Known Brands: Unknown brands tend to cost less. Not to mention, they tend to be unique because they are lesser known.
- Look for Quality: It doesn’t matter what kind of furniture you buy; quality should always be the top priority. Look for furniture that is made with quality materials and craftsmanship.
- Don’t Let Scratches Scare You: When inspecting the condition of the furniture, don’t let surface scratches scare you away. Chances are, these can be fixed easily with some wood polish.
- Ask About Similar Pieces: Sometimes, a store may have a set or other pieces that match the item you’re interested in. They may feature similar colours, shapes, or be made by the same designer. If you are looking for more than one piece, it helps to ask.
- Make Sure It Fits: Before making a purchase, make sure the furniture will fit in your home, both in terms of aesthetics and size.
- Repurpose for Style: You may find a piece that doesn’t quite fit your style; however, sometimes, you can repurpose the piece to match your current style, such as by repainting or reupholstering the furniture.
- Look for Individual Pieces: If you are looking to change up a room but aren’t interested in multiple pieces, look for individual items. These can add to the uniqueness of your home without the need to completely change a space.
Explore Vintage Furniture Store at Carrocel
If you’re searching for vintage furniture, Carrocel is the place to go. Located in Toronto, our vintage furniture store is known for high-quality pieces as well as our wide selection. For information about our vintage furniture or our furniture restoration services, contact us online or call us at 416-999-2525 today.
Art Deco Macassar Executive Desk
- Rich, luxurious macassar wood with polished brass accenting
- Oversized door and four pivoting table platforms
- Art Deco Macassar Executive Desk
French 1940’s Maison Jansen Dining Table in Polished Black with Brass Detailing
- High gloss polished black lacquered finish
- Three leaves with hideaway dropdown legs to support the extensions
- French 1940’s Maison Jansen Dining Table in Polished Black with Brass Detailing
Pair of Art Deco Leather Club Chairs
- Masterfully restored in new Italian leather
- Completed with a thick seat cushion for comfort
- Pair of Art Deco Leather Club Chairs
Also Read: Purchasing Antique Furniture in Toronto