The Essential Pieces of Furniture for Your Living Room
Living Room Furniture and Accents to Provide the Utmost Comfort and Relaxation
Although you might not think of your living room in these terms, it is defined as the space in a home that is used for relaxing and socializing. With that in mind, perhaps you can recall a living room that you once visited where you did not feel at ease or entertained in any way, but rather quite tense and uncomfortable; and if you take a moment to reflect even further, it could have been due to the choice of furniture and/or the number of pieces in that room.
Interestingly, you probably would not have faced such situations, or feelings, in the kitchen of that same home; that’s because many homeowners often take great pains to ensure that certain rooms, like the kitchen and the bedroom, receive considerable attention in terms of décor and comfort, yet their living room, i.e. the space where they unwind after a long day and also entertain their family and friends, can often get overlooked.
The living room is not a place to store furniture acquired through a downsizing or because it is deemed too good to sell, donate, or give away, nor does every inch of floor space need to be crammed with furniture simply because it happens to fit. It should, however, contain the furniture essential to providing what you want from this room, i.e.: comfort and relaxation; and because you are basically pampering yourself as well as your living room, there is good reason to consider high-end pieces and custom-designed as part of these furniture choices.
Furniture Pieces You Should Consider for Your Living Room
The experts at Carrocel, a leading high-end furniture store in Toronto for more than 30 years, recommend that your living room includes these essential furniture and accent pieces:
- Sofa – An absolute must in terms of comfort. This should be carefully measured to fit the room properly and chosen to help tie the space together. If there is room, a matching chair will provide an ideal complement.
- Coffee Table – A living room often looks bare or empty without one. This multi-functional piece of furniture provides a convenient space to serve drinks and snacks, rest candles, display magazines, and more.
- Accent Seating and Ottomans – Accent chairs and recliners are a great way to create additional seating. It is best to purchase your sofa first so you can select the right chair or ottoman to complement it and avoid crowding the space.
- Side Table – Side tables come in different shapes, sizes, and materials. They act as an extension to your coffee table, providing additional surfaces for those not seated near it. Side tables can also add decorative details to your living room and support lamps or other decorative items.
- Media Cabinet – A media cabinet is essential in keeping your living room organized. They are built with shelves and drawers, providing storage for extra pillows, blankets, board games, movies, remotes, cable receivers, and more.
- Bookcase – A bookshelf enhances the look of your living room when decorated well. They are available in a wide range of styles, colours, designs, and materials, so you can find one that goes best with the other items in the room.
- Lighting – The right choice of lighting plays an important role in the ambience of a living room. It also adds functionality and can be a beautiful décor piece.
If you are interested in modifying or upgrading your living room furniture and accessories, speak with a member of the Carrocel team. Based on the size and layout of your living room, your existing furniture, and your lifestyle and family needs, we will recommend the ideal furniture pieces to suit you.
Adding Statement Pieces in Your Living Room
Living room furniture pieces in bold colours, bright patterns, and made with vibrant fabrics are eye-catching and have the potential to make a big difference in your living room. It gives life to the space and makes the furniture stand out.
Lighting adds character to a room, brightens it up, and can help set the mood. Your choice of lights could include sophisticated chandeliers, filament lights, standing lamps, or ceiling lights, which can highlight your furniture and make it the focal point.
Strike A Balance
It is important to be mindful that you create a bold, cohesive living room and not an overly dramatic and busy space. Striking a balance becomes essential to ensure the room isn’t overwhelming. For instance, if you have chosen a bold-coloured sofa such as fuchsia, pair it with a neutral rug and avoid placing too many decorative items around it. The neutral tones and minimalism will help balance the pop of colour.
A Striking Collection of High-End and Custom Living Room Furniture
If you are looking for ideas to furnish or decorate your living room, a visit to Carrocel can help inspire you. Our 20,000 square-foot furniture showroom contains a variety of high-end furniture and accessories, including one-of-a-kind and custom options.
Browsing our inventory of living room furniture and speaking with our experienced staff can help you select the next high-end piece for your home. Our showroom features displays that include:
- Coffee Tables
- Console Tables
For additional pieces and to explore our inventory of unique, high-quality furniture, browse our Product Catalogue.
Are you looking to revitalize or refresh the look and functionality of your living room with high-end or custom furniture? Call the fine furniture specialists at Carrocel today at 416-999-2525 or contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation. We also invite you to visit our showroom, located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in central Toronto.
Modern White Linen Clad Console Table
- Clean modern design featuring white linen
- Brass capped feet
- Modern White Linen Clad Console Table
Pair of Mid Century Globe Table Lamps
- Three graduated pedestals holding large globe bulbs
- Separate switches for the upper fixture and lower bulbs
- Pair of Mid Century Globe Table Lamps
Pair of Mid Century Gio Ponti Style Arm Club Chairs
- Beautifully sculpted walnut wood frame with brass caps
- Hand-applied upholstery tacks on a rich pinstripe fabric
- Pair of Mid Century Gio Ponti Style Arm Club Chairs