Your Guide to Furniture Rental for TV & Movie Sets
If you’re a props master working on a major motion picture or a television series, then the most important part of your job is to provide the perfect furnishing, fittings, and décor to set your stage. Buying furniture can be an expensive proposition, especially when you’re dealing with a large production that requires a variety of furniture. That’s why it makes sense to rent the furniture that you need.
Renting furniture can be a cost-effective solution for your needs. However, before you begin the process of renting, it’s important to determine whether renting is the best option for you as well as how to identify a reputable furniture rental service that can provide what you need. With that in mind, the following is a guide to renting furniture for your sets.
Why Choose a Furniture Rental Service?
The following are some of the primary reasons why you should consider renting furniture for your movie or TV set instead of buying it:
- Cost-Effective: Renting furniture is often much cheaper than buying new pieces. This may be especially true if you need a variety of pieces for your set that would otherwise be prohibitively expensive to purchase. The smaller your budget is and the more furniture you need, the more it makes sense to rent. If you buy your furniture instead, not only will it cost more, but you’ll need to figure out a storage solution after filming has wrapped. This can result in an additional cost. Although you could try to resell the furniture, this requires significant time and effort, and you’ll likely have to sell at a loss.
- Experiment with Multiple Décor Styles: Furniture rental services also allow you to experiment with different styles and looks. If you buy your furniture, you’ll be stuck with those pieces, making it hard to change. If you rent furniture, you can make changes to the set if you decide that the furniture you rented doesn’t quite fit or if you want to add or replace a few pieces.
- Sustainable Option: Buying furniture for temporary use is an unsustainable option. Much of the furniture pieces used on film sets have a limited lifespan, and it can be difficult to find buyers for these pieces. By renting furniture, you don’t have to worry about creating more waste or disposing of unwanted furniture after the production wraps.
- Easy to Sort Out the Process: When you rent furniture, the process is quite straightforward. You can simply find a furniture rental service to source all your pieces. If you’re buying furniture, odds are you’ll have to source furniture from multiple vendors in order to get the best deal available. Renting will be much easier and more cost-effective.
What to Look for in a Furniture Rental Service
Now that you know the benefits of renting furniture, you’ll want to know how to find a reputable furniture rental service that will provide the pieces you need. Here are some of the key things to look for when choosing a furniture rental service:
- Costs and Commitments: Be sure to ask the rental service about any additional fees or charges that may be required. Find out what type of commitments you’ll need to make and if you’ll be able to cancel the rental agreement, and whether you’ll be charged early cancellation fees. Other things you should ask about include insurance costs, damage and repair deposits, collection fees, and delivery and assembly costs.
- Contract Options: Many furniture rental services offer different contract options. Some may allow you to rent the furniture for a fixed amount of time, while others may offer short-term and long-term rental agreements. Be sure to consider your needs carefully before deciding which type of contract is right for you.
- Ready-to-go Packages: Some businesses also offer ready-to-go packages. These can include a list of furniture items based on the space you need to furnish, as well as delivery and setup services. If you’re looking for a hassle-free solution and don’t have overly specific design requirements, these packages can be a great option.
- Delivery, Assembly, and Pickup: Find out what type of delivery, setup, and pickup services are offered by the rental service. Ask if they provide assembly and disassembly services and if they offer same-day delivery.
- Damaged or Dirty Furniture: Remember that you will be responsible for returning the furniture in the same condition that it was received. Make sure to ask the rental service about their policy for damage and what they will charge you for any repairs or cleaning that is required.
- Read the Fine Print and Consider the Risks: Before signing any type of rental agreement, be sure to read the fine print carefully. Make sure you understand all the terms and conditions, as well as any potential risks associated with the rental agreement. You should also make sure to obtain copies of all contracts and agreements before signing.
Consider the Reliable Furniture Rental Service at Carrocel
If you’re looking for a reliable furniture rental service that offers exceptional customer service and high-quality pieces, Carrocel – Furniture Store Toronto is the perfect choice. With Carrocel, you’ll find a wide selection of furniture available to rent for TV shows, films, and other productions. You can choose from a variety of pieces, including couches, chairs, tables, desks, and more, in a variety of different styles.
Pair of Art Deco Leather Club Chairs
- Masterfully restored in new Italian leather
- Completed with a thick seat cushion for comfort
- Pair of Art Deco Leather Club Chairs
Pair of Modern Curved Chests in Ombre Finish
- Two large, curved doors that open to a storage compartment
- Ombre starts in a warm dark espresso and works to a white lacquer top
- Pair of Modern Curved Chests in Ombre Finish
Modern Round Metal and Glass Coffee Table by PACE Collection
- Iconic mid-century modern design
- Masterfully refinished with a gold leaf antiquing on the metal supports
- Modern Round Metal and Glass Coffee Table by PACE Collection