Understanding Art Deco Furniture
Come See the Huge Selection at Our Fine Furniture Store in Toronto
Do you like the art deco furniture style? Come see the amazing selection at our fine furniture store. A wide range of unique items will add flair and luxury to your home. If you are looking for specific items, our friendly and knowledgeable showroom staff will be happy to assist you.
What is Art Deco Furniture?
The term “Art Deco” is short for Arts Décoratifs and is derived from a 1925 Paris exhibition that showcased this new style to the world. Art deco furniture is characterized by symmetrical, clean, rectilinear lines. It combines traditional craftsmanship with modern machinery and materials. Its beauty lies in the use of rich, exotic materials and opulent designs. This luxurious style of furniture was specifically designed for wealthy manufacturers who wanted their own distinctive line.
3 Art Deco Design Tips
- Choose bold geometric patterns and colours: The art deco style is characterized by bold colours and patterns. While for some this translates to bold wall colours or geometric-patterned wall paper, for others it could mean furniture of unique shapes. If you are not quite ready to commit to any of these, opt for a patterned rug or large piece of art work for a focal wall. Black and green are dominant colours.
- Choose different materials: Non-traditional furniture materials such as metals, stainless steel, ebony, chrome, plastic and marble take centre stage in art deco interiors. Leather and lacquer are also a key component of art deco furniture. Try metallic finishes with ornate detailing and clean lines.
- Pay attention to lighting: The art deco style includes glamorous lighting that some may argue borders on “loud”, but has a certain air of elegance. Lots of natural light adds to the beauty of the clean lines and geometric shapes of art deco furniture and accessories.
Come to the Carrocel furniture store Toronto to find authentic art deco furniture for any room in your house. Our one-of-a-kind pieces will add style and glamour to your home.
Art Deco Furniture Ideas for a Perfect Look
Art Deco furniture is a great way to add drama and sophistication to any room. It’s a style often used to add a modern yet timeless touch to living rooms and bedrooms. Whether you love the glamour of bold colours and patterns or prefer the elegance of muted tones and sleek lines, Art Deco furniture can bring your vision to life. With that in mind, the following are a few art deco furniture ideas to help inspire you:
- Display As Much Artwork As You Can: Art Deco furniture often serves as the perfect backdrop for artwork. The use of bold abstract canvases, decorative table lamps, graphic prints, and sculptural elements can help you create a stunning visual display alongside the right Art Deco pieces.
- Style Your Modern Renovations with Art Deco Furniture: Art Deco furniture is perfect for modernizing a room. If you’ve recently renovated your home, consider mixing in some Art Deco pieces to give the space a touch of vintage flair. From coffee tables to armchairs, you can find pieces that will fit in perfectly with your modern renovation.
- Art Deco Furniture Materials: Materials like chrome, glass, and mirrored surfaces are often used in Art Deco pieces and can help to create a more dramatic look. Other classic materials used in Art Deco are the use of exotic woods, such as walnut, ash, and maple, and marble, which is usually found on tabletops or bases. All these elements can add a striking touch to your space and help you create a timeless look.
- Elegant Art Deco Furniture: Art Deco furniture often boasts contemporary artistry without sacrificing a certain handcrafted feel. As such, high-quality art deco furniture can help give your space an elegant aesthetic. This is especially true if you stick to a colour scheme that features white, black, gray, and metallics. Art Deco pieces with a deep burgundy and brown hue can also add elegance.
- Go for Smooth Veneer Textures: When it comes to interior design, texture can make or break a look. That’s why selecting furniture with the right textures for your space is essential. For a more glamorous look, consider incorporating Art Deco furniture pieces with smooth veneer textures. For instance, a marble-topped dresser or sideboard can create an eye-catching focal point, while a sleek glass desk will give your office an air of sophistication.
- Cabinets & Credenzas: When looking for pieces to add storage to your space, cabinets and credenzas are a great addition to your decor. Art Deco cabinets and credenzas tend to have black-lacquered wood and metallic silver details that can give any room an air of sophistication and can be used to provide a bold focal point.
Find Authentic Art Deco Pieces at Carrocel
Visit the high-end Carrocel showroom in Toronto for true art deco furniture. For over 30 years, we have been providing extraordinary pieces to enhance home décor in Toronto and around the world. Trust in our white glove delivery service to safely ship your choice selections wherever you need them. Our exciting displays will inspire the art deco designer in you. Periodic shipments enable us to offer new items on a regular basis.
To see our collection of unique furniture finds and true art deco pieces, please visit our furniture store. Call us at 416-999-2525 for design ideas and advice.