Types of Dining Room Chairs
Every dining room needs to have dining room chairs. When choosing which ones work best for you, it’s important to keep in mind the style, functionality and comfort of the chair as you will often be sitting in it. Whether you want a matching set or would prefer to mix and match your chairs, learn about the fundamentals of dining chairs.
- Arm Chair – An arm chair often consists of a straight back with arms. They are typically located at the head of the table.
- Parsons Chair – These often go on the side of the dining table and don’t have arms. It is completely upholstered.
- Side Chair – These are similar to a parsons chair, but are often not completely upholstered and are usually made of solid wood, metal or plastic.
- Leather – Leather adds a sophisticated touch to a dining room while also giving a relaxed feel. It is durable and versatile, complementing a variety of décor styles.
- Metal – Metal provides a modern and clean look to a space, and coated metal chairs can be used both indoors and outdoors. They are available in a variety of finishes and colours.
- Upholstered – Upholstered chairs offer the most customization in terms of colours and patterns. They add comfort and are often entirely upholstered and cushioned.
- Wood – Plain wooden chairs provide a simple, classic and timeless touch to your dining room. They are the most versatile option when it comes to dining chairs.
- Solid Back – A back with no cutouts, gaps or slats. This creates solid and firm support.
- Tufted Back – An upholstered back with button tufting. This brings luxury to the dining room, and the backs are available in a multitude of shapes and styles offering cushioned support.
- Open Back – A frame that features a gap between the seat and back. They are available in both upholstered and non-upholstered styles.
- Oval Back – A rounded back offering a classic shape reminiscent of diners and traditional dining rooms.
- Slat Back – Often consists of a wooden frame with vertical slats on the back. There are two popular varieties, including the Windsor and the Mission style.
View Our Dining Room Chairs in Toronto
At Carrocel, not only do we carry a large selection of luxury dining chairs, but we also have custom dining chairs available. To view our inventory or speak with a knowledgeable staff member about designing your own custom chairs, visit our 20,000 square-foot showroom, located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in central Toronto. You can also view our online product catalogue for a full selection of our stock.
Set of 8 Carrocel Custom Opus Chairs in Textured Fabric
- Easy to take from casual to high end
- Deep seat and concave ergonomic back
- Set of 8 Carrocel Custom Opus Chairs in Textured Fabric
Set of 8 Harlowe Dining Chairs
- Hand-forged iron frame
- Seat and bolster back are upholstered in a textured pewter fabric
- Set of 8 Harlowe Dining Chairs
Set of 8 Carrocel Custom Plisada Dining Chairs
- Deep grey velvet with black stain finished wood legs
- Carrocel Custom exclusive
- Set of 8 Carrocel Custom Plisada Dining Chairs
You Might Also Want to Read: