Tips to Help You Recognize High-End Furniture
Important Qualities to Look for When You Shop for High-End or Luxury Furniture
It is safe to assume that most people want to get the best value for their money whenever they make a major purchase. Spending thousands of dollars on a vehicle, home appliances, or furniture is a commitment usually associated with long-term performance and high return on investment over many years; discovering that one has purchased a lemon, in consumer vernacular, shortly after spending a large sum of money can result in considerable dismay, if not outright anger.
But it is understandable that some consumers can make buying decisions they regret when virtually every manufacturer and/or advocate claims that their products are superior to their competition; it is often the information that is not disclosed, and that only becomes evident after-the-fact, that will reflect the true quality and value of their purchase – and not always to their benefit and satisfaction.
Although these types of significant purchases may only take place on a few occasions in the homeowner’s lifetime, the items being sought are typically for use on an everyday basis; in the case of furniture pieces or suites, buyers want to invest their money in such features as:
- Style and Appeal
Therefore, to help consumers ensure that they are buying quality when they shop for high-end furniture, the following insider tips (presented as assets and liabilities) are provided by the specialists from Carrocel, a leading luxury furniture store in Toronto:
- Assets – a hard wood (oak, cherry, mahogany) or plywood nine or more layers thick
- Liabilities – visible knots/cracks in the surface; particleboard, pressboard, thin plywood
- Assets – the even distribution of weight/wood; all pieces rest perfectly level on the floor
- Liabilities – wobbling if pressure applied to any corner; twisting/creaking if a side is lifted
- Assets – floating bottoms, dust panels, metal guide rails; resting flush in closed position
- Liabilities – wood-on-wood sliding mechanism; no stops installed to limit travel distance
- Assets – dovetailed, mortise and tenon, doweled, or screwed; reinforcing corner blocks
- Liabilities – staples, nails, or signs that they have only been secured with beads of glue
- Assets – aligned patterns in the fabric; any skirting should be weighted or have a lining
- Liabilities – sofa or chair arms/backs should have adequate padding (cannot feel frame)
- Assets – offer the option of reversibility; interior foam should be wrapped in padding
- Liabilities – no protective inner cover; loose fill that can shift and/or affect density rating
- Assets – hand-tied coil springs; set close together for strength and balanced resistance
- Liabilities – limit number several inches apart (affects comfort and long-term durability)
When consumers shop for luxury furniture, they are fundamentally making an investment in their home; dedicating the time to carefully scrutinize the method of construction as well as the material used in each and every piece will ensure that they are purchasing the high-end quality and aesthetic appeal they want in their furniture – and avoid the disappointment of paying good money for substandard goods.
Shop an Exquisite Display of Luxury Furniture Brands and Styles in Our Showroom
When residents of Toronto have a need or desire to shop for high-end furniture, they might choose to visit the Carrocel fine furniture showroom, located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue near Yorkdale Mall. This 20,000 square-foot showroom presents an exquisite collection of luxury furniture brands and styles to satisfy the discriminating tastes of Toronto area homeowners.
Whether their intention is to find a single high-end piece or a complete room of new luxury furniture, visitors to the Carrocel store can view a wide array of displays for all aspects of their home, including:
- Living Areas
- Dining Rooms
- Home Office set-Ups
- Accessories and Lighting
For a comprehensive look at the impressive inventory of high-end furniture on display in the Carrocel showroom, please visit our product catalogue page.
When you need or want to shop for quality high-end furniture for your home or office, make the time to visit Carrocel, a leading luxury furniture store in Toronto. Call the experts from Carrocel today at 647-694-4683 or contact us to arrange for a no-obligation consultation on the luxury furniture brands and styles that will best suit your needs. You are also invited to visit our 20,000 square-foot showroom near Yorkdale Mall at your convenience to speak with one of our knowledge representatives.