Tips for Making a Small Living Room Look Bigger
High-End Furniture and Accessories for Making a Small Living Room Look Bigger
Unless an individual chooses to undertake the monumental task of building their own home, or at least has an opportunity to directly influence their floor plan at the blueprint stage, the dimensions of the living room in the home will be at the discretion of the developer/builder. And in some cases, especially with condominium units and zero-lot-line residences, the sizes and shapes of some living rooms can be inherently small.
In turn, when it comes to furnishing and decorating such rooms, homeowners may be faced with significant challenges relative to the choice and orientation of their furniture, as well as the incorporation of any accessories. Furthermore, the style of furniture, perhaps appealing to the tastes of the homeowner, can make a living room look even smaller, almost confining or claustrophobic, to anyone who passes through the doorway.
Fortunately, in circumstances when the dimensions of the floor space cannot be changed, there are many ways of making a small room look bigger. How? By implementing these tips offered by the high-end furniture specialists from Carrocel fine furniture in Toronto:
- Select a sofa and chair(s) that have raised legs – creates an aura of space and light
- Choose tables with glass or acrylic tops and visible legs to uncover more floor space
- Install a floor-to-ceiling or wall-to-wall bookcase – can make the ceiling seem higher
- Add furniture with multi-functional capabilities, such as a credenza, ottoman, or trunk
- Consider backless seating (ottomans, benches, stools) for functionality yet less clutter
- Include one or two luxury furniture pieces of the same colour as the walls of the room
- Restrict the furniture to a few larger pieces – optics will make a small room look bigger
- Adorn upper walls with paintings and framed photos – gives the illusion of more height
- Hang a mirror on the wall opposite the window – to reflect natural light, add brightness
- Incorporate several different lighting elements versus the customary overhead fixtures
- If room has some shelving, leave some areas empty/exposed to avoid a cluttered look
- Ensure that fabrics and area rugs are restricted to plain/cohesive colours or small prints
Notwithstanding the floor area and shape of any particular living room, there are high-end furniture options of appropriate size and style that can offer homeowners the solutions they need, based on their individual preferences and lifestyle; these may address one or more of the following:
- Storage Space
A superb inventory of such luxury furniture and accessories is available at the Carrocel fine furniture store, centrally located near the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto.
An Exquisite Collection of Luxury Furniture and Accents for Smaller Living Rooms
A visit to the Carrocel furniture store will give shoppers an opportunity to view an exquisite collection of high-end living room furniture pieces and accessories, all on display in a 20,000 square-foot showroom; this will also offer the means to consult face-to-face with a Carrocel representative, who can in turn share their knowledge and experience to help homeowners choose the best furniture and accents for making a small living room look bigger.
Carrocel fine furniture carries an awe-inspiring selection of luxury living room furniture and accents in a wide range of sizes, styles, colours, and materials that will undoubtedly satisfy the tastes of astute Toronto homeowners. The scope of high-end furniture and accessories for small living rooms that is currently for sale in Carrocel’s showroom includes:
For a more complete appreciation of the high-end living room furniture and accessories now on sale at Carrocel fine furniture, please visit their impressive 20,000 square-foot showroom located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in Toronto near the Yorkdale Mall.
Looking for the perfect furniture and accents to make a small living room look bigger in your home, apartment, or condominium? Call the luxury furniture specialists from Carrocel fine furniture at 416-999-2525 today or contact us to arrange a complimentary consultation on the size and style of furniture and accents that will best suit the area of your living room.