Stylish Seating Ideas for Small Spaces
Small spaces can make decorating your home more difficult. Looking for the right balance without appearing too cramped and cluttered can lead to frustration if you aren’t sure where to start. One of the best things to tackle is your seating, as once that is determined, the rest of the décor is easier to figure out.
Less Is More
When it comes to selecting the seating for your living room, it is recommended to go with sofas. Two larger sofas that comfortably fit the members of your household yet can accommodate guests are cozier than a multitude of chairs crowding the room. Placing the sofas across from each other or perpendicular to each other will suit your space well, making it look great while remaining functional.
Set Up Seating in A Window
If you have a free window sill or large bay window, this is a great space to set up a seating area. A cozy lounge chair placed by the window makes a perfect reading nook. Alternatively, you can set up a table and chairs by the window and allow the natural brightness to add openness to the area while you enjoy your morning coffee or a meal.
Find Storage Solutions
Everyone needs additional storage in their home. Incorporating this storage space into seating areas helps to solve two functions at once. Look for sofas that have extra space underneath the cushions where you can store things you may need from time to time, like additional pillows and comfortable blankets. Ottomans can also act as seating in a pinch, and on top of their practical use as a footrest, many are also built for storage as well. They make a great holding space for objects you use less often, such as coasters, books, or remotes you don’t use frequently.
Carrocel Has A Large Variety of Seating Options to Choose From
If you’re looking for a great mix of seating styles, the Carrocel showroom is an excellent place to start. At 20,000 square-feet, you’ll be sure to find a piece that will suit your style. These examples are just a small selection of what you will find when you visit our location at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in central Toronto:
Set of 6 Slat Back Dining Chairs
- Backrest of curved wooden strips on a curved centre strip
- Unique and elegant mid-century style
- Set of 6 Slat Back Dining Chairs
Louis XV Style Upholstered Dining Chairs Set (6)
- White antique painted frames with dark detailing
- Pale turquoise satin fabric on the seat and both front and back
- Louis XV Style Upholstered Dining Chairs Set (6)
Set of Four Vintage Lucite and Stainless Steel Chairs
- Acrylic and chrome Mid Century Modern chairs
- Chrome bases finished in distressed, rusted patina
- Set of Four Vintage Lucite and Stainless Steel Chairs
Modern Upholstered Arm Chairs
- Tight back and seat with thin upholstered arms
- Natural oak legs
- Modern Upholstered Arm Chairs
Modern Upholstered Lounge Chair
- Curved back with an opening between the seat
- Tapered cast brass legs with a teardrop foot
- Modern Upholstered Lounge Chair
Also Read: Update your Living Room with Accent Seating