Selecting the Right Vintage Furniture Store for Your Needs
Shopping for vintage furniture can be exciting. These pieces not only tend to be higher quality but also can provide unique statement pieces for each room. Whether you need a sofa, dresser, or bed frame, Carrocel has a variety of furniture options for you to choose from. Here is our advice for you when purchasing your pieces.
- Do Your Research – Learn about the different periods of furniture and determine which you prefer. You can then gain information about the characteristics of that style and choose other pieces to complement it. Knowing the details will also help you determine what to look out for on furniture. When in doubt, ask experts like our Carrocel staff for help.
- Pay Attention to the Details – Solid wood items are often a much better investment than their chipboard or pressed wood counterparts. They are sturdier, and if they have very little wear, it will save you money on refinishing. Check the finish, look for glue marks or nails that can indicate a restoration.
- Focus on Form & Function – Don’t focus on the names or collectibles, and instead pay attention to the function. If the piece will satisfy a need that you have, suits your style, and you love it, it will be a good investment.
- Treat it like a Treasure Hunt – Shopping for vintage furniture may require a lot of effort, but it is worth your time and energy.
- Find good sources and pay frequent visits. The Carrocel store is constantly receiving new stock, so be sure to come in and browse our selection.
- Look for gently used pieces.
- Find furniture with good bones. This means the structure is sturdy and the materials are good.
- Look for quality.
- Don’t let scratches scare you. Minor imperfections on the surface can be easily repaired either at home or by a professional.
- Make sure it fits. Consider the size of the piece and the area you have available. Bringing measurements to the store can help.
- Repurpose for style. Using items for things other than their original purpose can add a unique style element to your room. For example, you could use a vintage trunk as a table.
- Look for individual pieces that go together. Complete sets can be expensive or be overwhelming in your space. Instead, choose individual pieces that match.
Visit Carrocel to View Our Vintage Furniture
Carrocel has a wide selection of vintage furniture pieces for your home. If you’re looking for vintage pieces, visit our 20,000 square foot showroom. Located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in central Toronto, you’ll be sure to find something that catches your eye. For a more in-depth selection, please view our online catalogue.