High-End Furniture Ideas for The Holidays
At Carrocel, we love decorating and preparing for the holidays. Often, we find our customers inquiring about how they, too, can decorate for the season. To help you get your home visitor ready and prepared for the holidays, we’ve created this guide with some simple tips to make your home look inviting and festive.
Choose Shiny or Sparkly Accents
Look for decorative items made using glass, chrome, bronze, or other metallic finishes to add a unique and festive shine to your home over the holidays and through the winter. Consider wall art that has a shine or a beautiful frame, mirrors, candleholders, containers and other décor items when decorating throughout your home to bring the same magic to each room. Place your decorative pieces on tables, counters, shelves or hang them on the wall.
Make It Feel Warm
If you have a fireplace, this can be used to add coziness and warmth to a room easily. However, a fireplace isn’t necessary to make a space feel warm and inviting! Look for comfortable textiles in festive shades or designs, or in a colour that matches your décor. This can include pillows and throw blankets on the sofa, or a new rug. Adding things like this can help make your guests feel cozy and encourage them to curl up and enjoy their visit. Selecting leather items can also add a feeling of warmth and elegance to a room.
Select A Focal Piece
Shopping for a new piece of furniture to serve as the focal piece of your living or dining room can create a big impact on how your home looks. The entire feel and look of a room can be changed by updating or replacing your sofa, chairs, or tables. This change will refresh your home and make an impact on guests – especially if they’ve seen your home before you make the changes! You can also choose to add statement items such as oversized tables, a new sectional, or a display cabinet. Also, consider smaller pieces of furniture like side tables or benches that have a unique design when looking for ways to update your home for the holidays.
Kitchen and Dining Room
These rooms are often where most of the holiday entertaining takes place, so it’s important to make sure they are well decorated. A seasonal table runner and placemats can help add some festive touches during the meal. You can also consider creating centrepieces or accents from natural elements like pinecones and evergreens.
This is where your guests go to get comfortable and catch up with each other. Bring some holiday spirit here with stockings, throw pillows and blankets, table décor, and some faux gifts placed throughout the room. Seasonally scented candles are great here as they won’t be competing with the smells from the delicious food in the kitchen.
While this is a smaller room, it will still be one that your guests will be using. If the room has a shower, replace your standard curtain with one that has a festive or seasonal theme. You can also hang ornaments and other décor items from the curtain railing. Festive towels, scented hand soaps and small decorative pieces are excellent finishing touches.
Sometimes family and friends will need a place to stay after the festivities are finished. Adding some holiday touches to your guest rooms can help ensure they are comfortable and keep the warm feeling going. A small evergreen tree on a nightstand or dresser, garlands and lights across the headboards or hanging from curtain rods, and some festive throw blankets or pillows can help your guests feel cozy. You could also change the bed linens to a holiday or seasonal theme.
Ensuring the outside of your home is welcoming and inviting for your guests is important. Instead of focusing entirely on the interior, consider how you can bring the festive mood outdoors as well. Strands of lights along with stylish wreaths and garlands are a great choice. Additionally, wintery items like an old sled, antique snowshoes or skis can add a beautiful and unexpected wintery touch.
Prepare Your Front Entrance for Winter
Another essential part of getting your home ready for the holidays is ensuring that your front entrance is prepared to handle guests and the incoming snow and salt. Here are our suggestions for getting your entryway ready:
- Add Seating – If the space allows for it, adding seating can make your entrance great. It provides an area for people to sit while taking off or putting on their boots, and also offers a place to put down bags, both shopping and purses, as you get in the door.
- Hang a Mirror – While a mirror will allow people to ensure they look their best on their way in or out of the house, it also serves another purpose. A mirror will make the area look more open and reflect the light, naturally brightening the hallway.
- Choose a Rug – Adding a rug to your front entrance will serve you in two ways. One, you are adding some colour and texture to a space that may otherwise not have much. A rug will also make your home feel cozy from the moment you first walk in. Consider, of course, the size and placement, as you want to ensure that your door will be able to open and close easily. The second benefit of including a rug in your hallway is that it will protect your floor from water, salt, and dirt. Be sure when purchasing your rug that you select one that will be able to endure the weather conditions without fraying or becoming damaged.
Find A Beautiful Piece for The Holidays at Carrocel
Whether you’re looking for a piece specific to your holiday décor or want something to use year-round, the Carrocel furniture store in Toronto has it all. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, ask us about our custom options, where you can design exactly the right piece for you. To view our complete collection of items, we invite you to visit our showroom located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in central Toronto. If you are unable to come to us, you can also browse our online product catalogue. Please call us at 416-999-2525 if you have any questions or would like more information.
Custom Black Stainless Steel Bar Cart Trolley
- Black lacquer 3 tier bar cart
- Finished in hand polished black lacquer with stainless steel lattice trim
- Custom Black Stainless Steel Bar Cart Trolley
Custom Modern Black and White Dining Table by Carrocel
- Polished white lacquer center with hand polished black columns and ends
- Table extends with a leaf on each end
- Custom Modern Black and White Dining Table by Carrocel
Vintage Mid-Century Modern Cream Sofa in The Style of Kagan Bilbao Sofa
- Sculpted design with beautiful curves
- Recently reupholstered
- Vintage Mid-Century Modern Cream Sofa in The Style of Kagan Bilbao Sofa
Set of 8 Modern Black Cane Dining Chairs by Baker Kara Mann
- Modern mixed with traditional elements
- Walnut finished in a black lacquer with designer tweed fabric
- Set of 8 Modern Black Cane Dining Chairs by Baker Kara Mann