Create the Ideal Bar Cart to Compliment Your Style and Your Décor
Transform a Vintage or Mid-Century Bar Cart into a Focal Point of Your Décor
Do you enjoy entertaining family members and friends in your home? And do you find it to be inconvenient, if not outright infuriating, that you have to create a makeshift bar on the kitchen table or the top of a buffet in order to offer beer, wine, and cocktails to your guests?
If you would like to relieve this frustration and simultaneously make a decorating statement for any room or entertainment area in your home, you might want to consider investing in a vintage, mid-century modern, or contemporary style bar cart.
Bar carts allow party hosts the flexibility of wheeling a fully-stocked bar among their guests instead of having to use a stationary location or a wet bar. Bar carts actually originated as tea trolleys during the Victorian Era of the 19th century and became associated with serving cocktails after the end of Prohibition in the 1930s. After a lull in their popularity during the mid-20th century, they began to enjoy a resurgence in the late 1950s; today, due in part to the influence of Mad Men, a highly-acclaimed television series that was set in the 1960s, bar carts have once again become fashionable and functional accessories in many homes.
Today’s bar carts are available in a selection of shapes, sizes, and designs to accommodate your preferred decorating style in accessorizing your home; these styles include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Art Deco
Also, a bar cart can be made from a variety of materials, or combinations thereof, including:
- and more
In addition to the ease of moving it from room to room (and perhaps even outdoors) as well as its basic functionality, a bar cart offers you the opportunity to showcase your originality and decorating flair in terms of its presentation. To that end, whether your choice in home decorating leans toward vintage, mid-century, or contemporary furniture styles, our home accent experts at the Carrocel furniture store are pleased to provide the following ideas to assist you in the styling of your bar carts:
Tips for Styling Bar Carts
- The Basics
- Selection of spirits (in attractive bottles)
- Selection of glasses (wine, liqueur, highball)
- Bottle opener, corkscrew, ice bucket and tongs
- Variety of mixers, lime/lemon wedges, snack bowl
- The Accents
- Coloured straws, stir sticks, and picks
- Monogrammed cocktail napkins and coasters
- A floral bouquet, a living plant, or bowl of fresh fruit
- Cocktail recipe cards or books (for adventurous guests)
- Uniqueness: products from a local distillery/microbrewery
With some time and your imagination, you can transform a vintage, mid-century, or modern bar cart into a focal point of your décor when entertaining family and guests in your home.
Find the Ideal Vintage or Mid-Century Modern Bar Cart for Your Home at Carrocel
If you are looking to add a dash (pun intended) of sophistication when serving cocktails to family and friends in your home, look no further than our 20,000 square-foot showroom in the Carrocel furniture store, located near Yorkdale Mall in Toronto.
A visit to our showroom will provide you the opportunity to view our exquisite collection of vintage, mid-century modern and contemporary bar carts; some of the superbly-crafted bar carts currently available for purchase in our store include the following:
Vintage Brass Serving Tea Dessert Bar Cart
- Made of brass and glass; large wheels at the sides, small castor wheels front and rear
- Brass detailing on handles and spokes makes it ideal for a mid-century modern home
- Vintage Brass Serving Tea Dessert Bar Cart
Mahogany Chinoiserie Style Bar Cart
- Exquisite two-tier bar cart with a flamed mahogany frame, finished in deep walnut
- Supported by four stainless steel castors; chinoiserie banding along tier perimeters
- Mahogany Chinoiserie Style Bar Cart
Walnut and Lucite Bar Cart
- Vintage-style bar cart sporting an acrylic base and a restored walnut top
- Brass trim and casters enhance its vintage and mid-century modern style
- Walnut and Lucite Bar Cart
Vintage Satin Brass Bar Cart
- Mid-century modern bar cart with a simple yet beautiful satin brass frame
- Has rounded corners and two smoked-glass shelves sitting on four castors
- Vintage Satin Brass Bar Cart
A preview of our complete inventory is available through our online catalogue by entering the phrase bar cart into the search field.
A vintage or mid-century modern bar cart from the Carrocel fine furniture store can enrich the elegance of your interior décor and add some flair when hosting and entertaining guests in your home. Call the luxury furniture and accessories specialists from Carrocel today at 416-999-2525 or contact us to request a complimentary consultation with a member of our staff on the ideal style of bar cart for your home and entertainment needs. You are also welcome to visit our store, at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in central Toronto, at your leisure.
You might also want to check our related posts: