Considering Furniture Refinishing? Think About Furniture Reupholstery Too
Most old furniture can look beautiful when restored to pristine condition. Furniture refinishing is one way you can restore an old-looking piece of furniture. However, if you really want to breathe new life into your furniture, you might also want to consider furniture reupholstery. Doing so gives old furniture a new look while retaining the original charm. This can turn a relatively boring piece into something more unique and stylish.
However, before you do any furniture reupholstery, you should make sure that the furniture is not a rare antique. Furniture reupholstering can sometimes decrease the value of some pieces, especially if they are crafted or manufactured by a well-known name and are considered works of art. If that is the case, then furniture refinishing is recommended.
Benefits Of Furniture Refinishing And Furniture Reupholstery
- Furniture refinishing can make a piece that has suffered some damage, such as scrapes and bumps, appear new and pristine again.
- Refinishing will help an antique piece of furniture retain its value.
- Furniture refinishing can be used to match the wood of a piece with other existing furniture in the room.
- Furniture reupholstery can be used to add new style to a piece using different fabrics and patterns.
- Reupholstery can improve the functionality of a piece.
- Reupholstering can help you modernize a piece of antique furniture and follow some of the current furniture trends.
To learn more about both and to help you decide what to do with a particular piece of antique furniture, contact an expert at Carrocel antique furniture store. Speak to us today for all your furniture refinishing and furniture reupholstery needs.