Tips for Revitalizing the Look of Your Home with Modern Furniture
Add a Few Pieces of Modern Furniture to Refresh the Look of Your Toronto Home
It is quite possible that the décor in a significant majority of Toronto homes, particularly the style of furniture, has remained unchanged for several years. This assumption is not meant as an indictment of the homeowners and/or their tastes in any way; it is merely a reflection of the comfort that people tend to have with the current state of affairs, or the status quo, when it comes to decorating and furnishing their residence.
If truth be told, many of these same homeowners have likely expressed that their interior décor could use a makeover, particularly if their furniture has rested in the same positions since it was purchased and/or the style and colour scheme are now somewhat dated. Once again coming to their defence, this may not be due to any lack of motivation on their part, but rather a result of simply not knowing where to start the transformation to a new look.
Fortunately, any such endeavour does not have to be a complete plundering/gutting of their home, one that is typified by an overflowing disposal bin that is parked in the driveway; the refreshing or revitalizing of a home’s interior can be accomplished by strategically adding a few new pieces of modern furniture throughout the home.
In essence, modern furniture includes any pieces produced from the late 19th century to the present day; the style is also a departure from the more traditional forms of furniture from previous eras that were constructed from heavy, dark wood and had very ornate carvings. It should also be noted that the category of modern furniture captures the styles defined as contemporary and mid-century modern as well:
- Contemporary – current; popular and trendy designs in use at the present time
(Incorporating Contemporary Furniture and Designs within Your Home Décor)
- Mid-Century Modern – designs prevalent from the mid-1930s to the mid-1960s
(The Universal Appeal of Mid-Century Modern Furniture)
In contrast to the wood construction of traditional or old-style furniture, modern pieces can contain/be fashioned from several different types of materials such as: steel, glass, chrome, plastic, and wrought iron. With all of the above in mind, here are some tips/suggestions on ways to refresh a home with modern furniture, offered by the team from Carrocel, a leading furniture store in Toronto for more than 30 years:
- Add a modern bookcase, entertainment unit, or bookshelves to living room furniture
- Use a small round table and two chairs as an after-dinner place for tea in the kitchen
- Create a corner for reading or relaxation in the living room using modern style chairs
- If space permits, set up a similar area in the master bedroom with a modern loveseat
- Rejuvenate a sunroom or an enclosed seating area with modern wicker patio furniture
As mentioned above, the revitalizing of a home’s interior can be achieved by adding just a few pieces of modern furniture throughout; thus, in the context of less is more, the Carrocel team presents the following cautions to help Toronto homeowners avoid going to excess in their redecorating efforts:
- Modern furniture emphasizes minimalism; avoid overcrowding a room
- Refrain from mixing many modern pieces with very traditional furniture
- Keep modern wood furniture apart from non-wood contemporary pieces
- In addition to giving rooms a spacious look, leave high-traffic areas clear
When planning to refresh the look of their home with modern furniture, homeowners should make sure that they acquire original pieces rather than cheap reproductions. This warrants dealing with an established and reputable furniture store that can confirm the authenticity of its inventory, like Carrocel fine furniture, located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in Toronto.
Exquisite Selections of Modern Living Room and Dining Room Furniture (and More)
A visit to the Carrocel fine furniture store will offer homeowners the opportunity to browse and select from a striking collection of modern furniture (including mid-century modern and contemporary pieces) all exhibited on an impressive 20,000 square-foot showroom floor. A cross-section of the modern furniture available from the Carrocel store in Toronto includes:
Modern Living Room Furniture:
- Modern Upholstered Arm Chairs
- Modern Upholstered Lounge Chair
- Modern Lounge Chair Featuring Brass Finished Base
- Carrocel Custom Modern Grey Velvet and Chrome Chaise Lounge
Modern Dining Room Furniture:
- Modern Square Dining Table
- Modern Mozambique Dining Table
- Post Modern Polished Chrome Cocktail Table
- Modern Burled Walnut and Stainless Steel Dining Table
- Modern Macassar Writing Desk
- Modern Cream Lacquered Writing Desk
- Modern Smoked Glass and Stainless Steel Desk
For a more complete appreciation of the variety and quality of modern furniture available in the Carrocel store’s Toronto showroom, please see our product catalogue section.
To find the right pieces of modern furniture that will help refresh the look of your home, call the specialists at the Carrocel fine furniture store today at 416-999-2525 or contact us to request a no-obligation consultation at your convenience.