Finding Modern Furniture in Toronto
The modern style, as it refers to furniture, involves pieces with polished metal legs, an earthy colour palette, and clean, simple lines. It focuses on new and trendy styles that give off an air of being ahead of their time. These items will offer a timeless look that represents today’s trends and designs while also reflecting on those of tomorrow. When you’re shopping for modern furniture in Toronto, keep an eye out for these pieces.
Modern Pieces to Add to Your Home
- Modern Sofas– When decorating using modern pieces, a sofa is a great place to start. From here, you can add accents and other décor pieces to match. Modern sofas come in a variety of designs and sizes, but many will feature a raised design, few embellishments, and a neutral, earthier colour palette.
- Coffee Tables – Adding a modern coffee table or end table can pair well with furniture from other styles. This lets you still create a cohesive room while not feeling like one design style is overpowering the space. Following some simple design tips can help you keep everything feeling balanced and make the space feel put together.
- Dining Rooms – Dining rooms of the past were often filled with heavy tables, imposing chairs and additional console pieces. They were considered to be quite formal and used primarily for special occasions over the holidays or to celebrate personal milestones. Today, the formality has become much more relaxed. Dining rooms are inviting and comfortable. If you want your dining room to still be formal, modern pieces can help make the room more relaxed yet still carry a feeling of quality. For more casual dining rooms, modern pieces add some sophistication and individuality.
- Bedrooms – Your bedroom is the most personal room in your home, where you are free to express yourself how you wish. Modern bed frames provide clean, sleek lines, allowing you to add more unique or brighter items in the form of art and textiles. These accents can help prevent a clean, modern bedroom from feeling cold and institutional, and instead, add warmth and comfort.
Quick Tips to Find Modern Furniture
Purchasing the right modern furniture can be tricky. Buying furniture can be costly, making it critical to select the right pieces. These tips can help you make the right choice.
You need to decide on the right theme for your décor, which will be the driving force behind your luxury furniture selections. Are you going for a modern vibe to match your home’s architecture, or do you prefer a minimalistic look? When you select your theme, decide where you are going to buy your pieces based on their selection and service. Many modern furniture stores will have experts to help you find the best options within your budget and taste.
Functionality, Comfort & Aesthetics
It is important to buy furniture that you love. However, you also need to balance aesthetics with function, comfort, and the right feel for the whole space. Play around with materials, textures, and colours. Make sure your choice feels right and can accommodate your needs now and in the future.
Your environment should be a reflection of your individuality. As such, when you are buying modern furniture for your condo or home, you want it to match your décor and tastes. Consider your style, the space you have, and explore the options available for something that appeals to you.
Contrast is a fundamental design principle. If you are looking to achieve a wow factor with your interior design, you can use contrast to your advantage. Think of your space as a blank canvas, then use a few contrasting colour elements to draw attention to your choice of furniture. Additionally, combine modern and contemporary pieces to create a versatile and distinctive look.
Find Great Modern Pieces at Carrocel
If you want timeless yet trendy pieces for your home, consider furnishing with modern items. These pieces will add a unique feel to each room while also providing a classic look. If you are interested in viewing our available pieces, view our online product catalogue or come in and visit our showroom, located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in Toronto. For questions about our products or store, call us at 416-999-2525.
Pair of Modern Grey Distressed Chests by Kittinger
- Excellent quality vintage chests
- Restored in a custom grey finish with new matte black handles
- Pair of Modern Grey Distressed Chests by Kittinger
Pair of Custom Modern Lounge Chairs by Carrocel
- Comfortable textured linen with contrasting distressed leather accents
- Finished in hand-polished black lacquer
- Pair of Custom Modern Lounge Chairs by Carrocel
American Designer Fluted Console Buffet Sideboard
- Blackened walnut with a polished stainless-steel base and hardware
- Recently refinished by Carrocel
- American Designer Fluted Console Buffet Sideboard