A Complete Guide to Buying Designer Furniture
Unique design, quality crafting, and durability are all traits that designer furniture has. These pieces are often as much about art and design as it is about functionality. The appeal of designer furniture is irrefutable. It can change the feel of the home and also last for many years, as the notion that things made well are only made once holds true with designer furniture.
Understandably, designer furniture can be expensive. However, its ability to improve a home and hold its value long-term makes it an attractive investment.
If you are looking to invest in designer furniture, there are several factors you need to consider. Below is a guide to help you in buying designer furniture that will last.
Top Features of Designer Furniture
Simple, Clean Lines
Drawing from modern styles, the designer furniture available today typically has clean lines. The furniture is often used in homes that have a minimalist appeal which gives the room a spacious look and feel.
Square-Edged Chairs and Tables
The couches and chairs come with square edges and do not have frills or skirting, making the legs underneath visible. They often have lightly textured fabrics or a coating of leather.
The furniture typically comes in monochromatic or neutral colours, with plain white being common. This makes it an ideal option for both home and office. The simple, neutral tones easily blend with the formal office look.
Benefits of Investing in Designer Furniture
Purchasing a made-to-order item of designer furniture from a reputable brand gives you the unique opportunity of controlling almost every aspect of its design. This allows you to customize the furniture to your taste and needs while considering your long-term enjoyment and satisfaction.
Are Designer Furniture Pieces Worth It?
Absolutely yes. Every aspect of designer furniture is tailor-made for you and executed to the highest quality, from the upholstery, function and configuration, choice of material, and colour schemes.
If you visit furniture showrooms across Toronto, it is evident that designer furniture is more expensive than mass-produced furniture. However, when you consider the quality, attention to detail, and materials that have gone into each piece, the price is a bargain. Designer furniture is conceptualized and made by highly skilled artisans who are genuinely passionate about their craft and delivering a truly one-of-a-kind result. Everything from ethical manufacturing to reliable delivery and long-term satisfaction is indicative of the quality. In this regard, you indeed get what you pay for.
Rules to Buy Designer Pieces from Furniture Showrooms
- Love the piece you buy. Having an emotional connection with the piece you buy makes the investment more pleasurable and enjoyable. If you are immediately drawn to a certain piece or find yourself coming back to one, it is a good sign that you will enjoy owning the piece for many years to come.
- Don’t get too caught up in the trends but think of the investment as an heirloom. Choose designer furniture styles that will stand the test of time.
- Double-check and confirm that the piece is individually crafted rather than mass-produced.
- Consider the nature and quality of materials used along with the designer’s history. The piece should be original and verifiable with a certificate of authenticity.
- Take a keen look at the features, functions, benefits, and design details.
- Have a clear idea of how the piece will look in your home in terms of placement and what purpose it will serve.
- Look at the ease of maintenance, durability, and overall long-term value.
How Do You Know If a Designer Piece of Furniture Is Right?
Furniture, as with everything involving art and design, is subjective. As such, take the time to visit furniture showrooms and stores in Toronto to have a first-hand experience. Seek out an in-store design consultation to help take the guesswork out of the buying process.
A good rule of thumb when considering a chair or couch is to sit on it for a few minutes to gauge its comfort and get a feel for it. You also need to think about the type of upholstery that best suits your lifestyle. Overall, the furniture needs to look great, be comfortable and functional, and suit your lifestyle, space, and budget.
Visit Our Furniture Showroom to Explore Designer Furniture
Furniture is an indispensable part of the human experience. It makes life comfortable and creates a positive feeling and provides a means through which you can express your creativity and individuality. If you are looking for a designer furniture showroom in Toronto that will provide you with high-quality furniture to suit your home and lifestyle, look no further than the Carrocel.
For over 30 years, we have been enhancing the homes and lifestyles of customers in Toronto and around the world, offering an extensive collection of original and timeless high-end designer furniture to meet your needs. We believe that furniture should be an extension of your personality, and our friendly and resourceful furniture experts will help you get the perfect piece for your space. Call Carrocel today at 416-999-2525 or visit our furniture showroom to enhance your home and lifestyle.
Pair of Zanuso Style Lounge Chairs in Black and White
- Upholstered in a unique black and white geometric design
- Sleek satin black legs capped with brass
- Pair of Zanuso Style Lounge Chairs in Black and White
Modern Round Marble Top Foyer Table
- Stunning two-tone marble top
- Curved legs in a sleek hand polished black lacquer finish
- Modern Round Marble Top Foyer Table
Vintage Mid-Century Modern Curved Sofa in the Style of Vladimir Kagan
- Original 1960’s design restored and reupholstered in rustic red mohair
- Ebonized wood feet with antiqued brass caps
- Vintage Mid-Century Modern Curved Sofa in the Style of Vladimir Kagan