Hollywood Regency Style Furniture
Hollywood Regency is a style that is known primarily for glamour, drama, ornamental pieces and opulence. The style rose to prominence during Hollywood’s Golden Age during the 1930s. Designers from the time would encourage film stars on the west coast to decorate with glitzy and glamourous pieces, which became a favourite style of individuals like Joan Crawford and Nancy Reagan.
Hollywood Regency pieces will often display these characteristics:
- Lacquered, chrome and mirrored finishes
- Highly contrasting colours, such as pink, turquoise, yellow and black-and-white checks
- Animal prints and intricate floral designs used for rugs, tablecloths and cushions
- Showy, luxe fabrics such as silk and velvet
- Metallic accents in gold or brass
- Small-scale pieces
This style of furniture is not designed to be the focal point of a room, but instead, to create open spaces for entertaining and relaxing. The high-glam is primarily in the accents, with luxurious fabrics, crystal, and metallic hardware.
At Carrocel, we carry a wide selection of luxurious and high-quality pieces representative of the Hollywood Regency style. These items will help bring some glamour to your home and make the space feel elegant. Browse our selection of Hollywood Regency pieces to find a beautiful item for your home.