Designing a Mid-Century Living Room
If you’re a fan of the mid-century style, learning how to set up your living room to feature aspects that reflect the aesthetics of the time can help you capture the feeling in your own home. These suggestions will help you get the look, but as with any design, select what makes you the happiest and feels most comfortable.
Essentials for a Mid-Century Living Room
- Mid-Century Sofa – To find a great sofa that reflects this style, choose a piece that features some of the most iconic features of the time. This can include the use of brass and wood for the legs or as detail pieces, simple styles, and sleek lines. Tapered legs are also a classic for pieces of this style.
- Amazing Accent Chair – Armchairs are an essential part of a mid-century living room. However, not just any chair will do. Chairs designed in the early 20th century were iconic and continue to influence a lot of the modern design as well. Look for a piece that calls back to the classic designs when choosing the right accent chair for your living room.
- Comfy Accents – Be sure that your room is comfortable and gives off a relaxed, cozy vibe. You can achieve this with pieces like rugs, pillows, and décor. Fun geometric shapes, bright candy shades, and neutral earthy tones will help tie your accent pieces to your bigger items.
- Great Lighting – You can find great floor lamps, table lamps, and chandeliers inspired by iconic lighting from the era.
- Practical Tables – When sitting in your new living room, you’re going to need a space to place items down. Choose a beautiful mid-century end table or coffee table to help tie everything together.
Furnish Your Dream Mid-Century Living Room at Carrocel
The mid-century style is beautiful and still popular in a lot of designs today. When you visit Carrocel, you will find that our selection of mid-century pieces is perfect for decorating your living room. To see the pieces we have available in-store, browse our online product catalogue or visit our showroom, located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in Toronto. If you have any questions for our team, please reach out to us at 416-999-2525.
Mid Century Modern Black Bar Cabinet
- Two violet doors with glass shelves and sides
- Excellent original condition
- Mid Century Modern Black Bar Cabinet
Pair of European Oak Vintage Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
- Vintage European oak lounge chairs
- Proprietary Spring Upholstery
- Pair of European Oak Vintage Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
Vintage Mid-Century Modern White Coffee Table with Macassar Base
- Recently finished in a hand-polished Chantilly lace white lacquer
- Sleek Macassar trim base
- Vintage Mid-Century Modern White Coffee Table with Macassar Base