Answer These Questions Before Purchasing Custom Furniture
Questions to Ask Yourself before Committing to Buy Custom Furniture
Shopping for a specific item can elicit a range of emotions from total frustration to complete exhilaration. Such trips usually begin with feelings of anticipation, i.e. shoppers leave home intent on finding the items they want/need, such as a suit or dress, new kitchen cabinets, or new hockey equipment for their children; at the end of these shopping trips, their hopes can turn to disappointment or euphoria depending on their outcomes.
When the shopping trip goes according to plan and a purchase is made, all seems right with the world, at least momentarily, until the next ‘buying crisis’ arises and the process must be repeated once again. At the other end of the spectrum, though, buyers might need to find a custom solution to remedy their lack of success and/or to meet a self-imposed deadline.
A custom solution can be a viable option when homeowners are looking for that one specific piece (or suite) of furniture to satisfy their explicit needs with respect to such matters as:
- Overall functionality
- Interior design/décor
- Room access/dimensions
- Entertainment preferences
However, such an action should not be driven solely by emotion; there must be a significant degree of practicality to the decision-making process, to ensure that any/all money spent on custom furniture is deemed an investment rather than a short-term or knee-jerk reaction to appease one’s frustration. To that end, the specialists at the Carrocel fine furniture store in Toronto offer the following list of questions for homeowner introspection before committing to purchase any custom furniture:
- Will the piece/suite retain its appeal over an extended period of time?
- What will be its primary purpose: daily use, entertainment, aesthetics?
- How will it fit proportionally in its intended space? With other furniture?
- How do its colour, style, and finish complement the décor of the home?
- Does the item have potential to serve more than one purpose in future?
- What is the anticipated or desired lifespan of the furniture piece or suite?
- Will each piece fit through the front door, down the hall, and into the room?
- How many people will it need to comfortably accommodate for dining/sitting?
Clearly, some assumptions will need to be made by the homeowner; nevertheless, investing the time to undertake this self-examination will prove invaluable in confirming that custom furniture is the right option – and that its purchase will provide lasting appeal and long-term returns. In order to ensure that they have examined such a decision from all angles, these homeowners may wish to consult with an interior design expert at the Carrocel fine furniture store, centrally located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue in Toronto.
An Extensive Selection of Custom Furniture to Complement Your Interior Design
When homeowners have determined that a custom piece will resolve their specific furniture needs, they can pursue one of the following options with the Carrocel fine furniture experts:
- Having a new piece custom-designed to their explicit specifications
- Custom modification of an existing piece to serve a modern-day use
- Choosing from the custom pieces on display in the Carrocel showroom
In the case of custom-designed or custom-redesigned furniture, Carrocel employs talented artisans who possess the passion and skill to convert homeowner dreams into reality. More information on these services may be found at our Custom Designed Furniture page.
Alternatively, Carrocel offers an exquisite and extensive selection of custom, vintage, and antique furniture, all on display in a 20,000 square-foot showroom at the Bridgeland Avenue location. This showroom provides homeowners with an opportunity to compare and select from a broad and impressive collection of individual pieces and complete suites in a variety of styles, colours, and finishes to satisfy their precise needs and complement their interior design/décor; the Carrocel fine furniture catalogue encompasses all living space in the home including:
- Living Rooms – sofas, tables, consoles, display cabinets, bookcases, and bar carts
- Bedrooms – beds, chests, night stands, vanities, dressers, armoires, accent seating
- Dining Rooms – tables and chairs, buffets and sideboards, consoles, display cabinets
- Home Offices – desks, office chairs, console tables, bookcases, accent seats, lighting
For a more comprehensive preview of the extensive selection of custom furniture currently available from Carrocel fine furniture, visit The Carrocel Product Catalogue.
Considering custom furniture as the optimal solution to a current need for your home? Call the custom furniture specialists at the Carrocel fine furniture store today at 416-999-2525 or Contact us to arrange a complimentary consultation; you are also welcome to visit our 20,000 square-foot showroom at 245 Bridgeland Avenue near the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto to browse our extensive selection of custom furniture pieces and suites.