Ways to Mix Up Your Dining Chairs
Creative Ideas for Dining Room Furniture
Dining chairs can be trendy and colourful. Whether you want to add a classic touch to a modern look or give your vintage décor a contemporary style, don’t limit yourself when it comes to selecting dining room furniture. Here are some tips from our decorating experts to help.
How to Choose Dining Chairs
Let’s begin with the basics on how to go about selecting your dining room chairs.
- Colour: Pick one element in your dining room like a chandelier or exotic lamp, may be even a painting or the rug to inspire your colour choice. Yellow, red, orange and green are eye-catching and very popular.
- Go for pattern: If you’re not comfortable with bright colours, opt for patterned upholstery instead. Or select Custom Louis Capet Dining Side Chairs, if you want to play safe.
- Shape: This is what can bring style and interest to the room, so give it some extra thought. Curved or sidechairs add elegance to any dining room. To take your style up a notch, select a geometric pattern instead. Our Chantilly Custom Dining Chair or exotic Chrome Cantilever will leave your guests in awe.
- Material: Modern styles (which dominate 2016) offer a blend of materials, textures and colours. Our Mid-Century Chrome Chairs imbue elegance and minimalism while our Leather Chairs bring modern luxury to the fore.
Tips on Mixing and Matching Dining Chairs
Mixing and matching dining chairs can add a bit of whimsy and uniqueness. Follow our simple guide to decorate your home with fine dining room furniture. We can help you find your own distinctive style.
- Make the head chairs different. You could choose chairs with arms or a higher back for either end.
- Go for the wild card. Add a pop of colour with one brightly-coloured or patterned chair. Place it at the head of the table or in between.
- Vary the shades: Select complementary colours or vary the shades of your upholstery for a totally “bohemian” look.
- Add something more: Change the upholstery on your chairs for a geometric pattern or simply add studs for modern, stylish feel.
- Rethink the material: Opt for totally different materials (such as metal, wood and bamboo) if you dare to be different. This can work well in small spaces where accent seating can double up as dining room chairs.
At the Carrocel furniture store, we have modern pieces from around the world to dress up your home. With new shipments arriving periodically and displays frequently refreshed to accommodate new stock, you will always find something that catches your eye!
Decorate Your Home with Fine Dining Room Furniture from Carrocel
Visit the luxurious Carrocel showroom in Toronto for unique dining chairs and other high-end furniture for your room. We offer an original and timeless selection with the option of customizing pieces to suit your unique style. Our experienced staff will be happy to show you around, discuss your decorating ideas and help you make a selection.