Taking Care Of Your Antique Furniture
Besides its aesthetic and historical value, beautiful antique furniture has a special place in our hearts and in our homes. Most lucky owners of antique furniture understand that taking care of your antiques requires special attention.
- You never use spray furniture cleaning products. They often leave an oily residue that can completely ruin the natural glow of the wood.
- Avoid using rough cloth or even feather dusters that could scratch and mar the beautifully worn, smooth surfaces of your antique furniture.
- Make sure you find a good quality paste wax or beeswax for your antique furniture. Also be careful and don’t apply too much – always use a little at a time in even, circular motions that follow the grain of the wood.
- Where you place your antique furniture is also important. Avoid exposing the furniture to direct sunlight, heating and air conditioner vents, fireplaces or stoves—these can degrade the wood.
- Use a dehumidifier/humidifier to maintain the level of moisture in the house to minimalize any adverse effects on your invaluable antiques.
Consult an expert before undertaking any major cleaning, polishing or restoration work for antique furniture.
Hire An Expert To Keep Your Antique Furniture Looking Its Best
Taking care of your antiques, especially unique and irreplaceable antique furniture can be a challenge. You don’t want to use the wrong cleaning product or wax or inadvertently change the colour of the beautiful wood. Carrocel furniture store offers professional cleaning and restoration services to provide quality care of your antiques.
Hiring An Expert To Take Care Of Your Antique Furniture Will Ensure That:
- The appearance of your furniture is enhanced without damaging the original finish.
- The furniture is properly preserved and maintained, especially the patina – which is the beautiful glow only acquired from the mellowing of the wood over the years.
- Professional restoration and cleaning by an expert can not only enhance the appearance of your antiques, but also its intrinsic and monetary value.
Contact Carrocel for all your custom furniture requirements and to find out about taking care of your antiques.
One Response(s) for “Taking Care Of Your Antique Furniture”
That’s awesome that experts are able to keep the patina preserved and maintained, which is the beautiful glow acquired over years of the wood mellowing. In my opinion, this is one of the most important things to make sure to preserve, because it lets everyone who visits your house know that the furniture is antique and well loved and used. I’ll have to look into expert furniture refinishers.