Ideas to Consider When Decorating a Smaller-Sized, or Condo Living Room
There Are Furniture Options of Suitable Size and Design for Smaller Living Rooms
Many scenes in television sitcoms or daytime serials are played out in a living room setting. In a majority of these programs, the living rooms tend to be open-concept in nature, giving viewers the impression that the characters live and entertain in spacious apartments, studio lofts, or stately homes.
In fact, such rooms are not reflective of real life; they are production sets with unobstructed audience sightlines (just a back wall) and high/open ceilings (to accommodate stage lighting and sound equipment). Under these conditions, there is more-than-enough available space for multiple pieces of furniture plus seating and standing room for a huge cast of characters.
But many Toronto homeowners and tenants are not afforded this type of living space; to the contrary, mainstream Toronto residences, whether private homes, apartments, or condos, have a small/smaller/much smaller living room layout, which can pose significant challenges to the occupants with respect to the choices and orientation of their living room furniture, as well as their overall decorating scheme.
However, all is not lost when it comes to furnishing and/or decorating these smaller-sized or condo living rooms; with some creativity and a willingness to dispense with more traditional living room furniture styles, Toronto residents can transform their limited floor spaces into comfortable settings for relaxing and/or entertaining. To that end, the experts at Carrocel fine furniture offer this list of 10 ideas to maximize the space in a small living room layout:
- Select furniture that is more compact/less bulky (without sacrificing seating capacity)
- Fill a corner space with a larger-sized sectional to make the room seem less cluttered
- Fill upper walls with framed photos, paintings – gives the illusion of more height/space
- Select furniture that has built-in storage space e.g. credenza, ottoman, or chest/trunk
- Add a mirror on the wall opposite a window – gives the appearance of another window
- Integrate backless seating (ottomans, benches, stools) – retain function; reduce clutter
- Choose tables with acrylic or glass tops and/or exposed legs to amplify the visual space
- Devote an entire wall (floor to ceiling) to bookshelves, a media centre, storage cabinets
- Exchange the sofa for: love seats, daybeds, armchairs, or built-in padded window seats
- Place lush greenery/plants in corners or next to furniture to add the perspective of depth
Regardless of the area or shape of a living room, there are furniture options of suitable size and design that will provide homeowners with one or more of the following solutions, based on their individual needs and preferences:
- Storage Capacity
Such alternatives for furnishing a smaller living room layout are available from the Carrocel fine furniture store, located near Yorkdale Mall in central Toronto.
An Outstanding Selection of Furniture and Accents for Small Living Room Layouts
A visit to Carrocel fine furniture will offer homeowners an opportunity to view an impressive inventory of living room furniture, on display in their 20,000 square-foot showroom; this will also provide the forum to consult with a Carrocel representative, who can in turn call upon their knowledge and experience to present ideas and insight on furnishing and decorating a small living room layout. Some examples of our Living Room Furniture that is currently available:
- Vintage Mid Century Sofa
- Original Retro Leather Loveseat Circa 1960
- >Round Art Deco Black& Gold End Table
- Ornately Carved Roccoco Style Gilt Wood Console
- Modern Marble Top Side Table
- Ivory Crescent Night Stand
- Lacquered Black Chest
- Black Rupert Cocktail Table
- Georgia Credenza
Carrocel fine furniture offers an outstanding portfolio of living room furniture and accents in a variety of sizes and awe-inspiring styles, colours, and materials that will surely satisfy the discriminating tastes of homeowners in Toronto and the GTA. The scope of Carrocel’s fine furniture pieces for smaller living room layouts includes but is not limited to:
- Love Seats
- Bench Seating
- Display Cabinets
To obtain a more thorough appreciation of the living room furniture available from Carrocel, please see our Living Room Furniture page or visit their impressive 20,000 square-foot showroom at 245 Bridgeland Avenue near the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto.
Looking for the ideal furniture options for a small living room layout in a home, apartment, or condo setting? Call the specialists at Carrocel fine furniture today at 416-999-2525 or Contact us for a complimentary consultation on the size, shape, and style of furniture that will best suit your personal needs and the area of your room.