Helpful Tips to Aid Homeowners in the Selection of Leather Sofas and Chairs
For many homeowners, thoughts of purchasing a leather sofa and chair set may cause chills to travel up and down their collective spines. Although they might not have owned leather furniture in the past, misunderstandings about this material, from a personal perspective or due to comments made by other parties, could be creating/fueling such apprehension; they might even opine that leather is too expensive, too cold, fades too easily, scratches/cracks too easily, cannot be cleaned, or all of the above.
In fact, leather furniture is in many ways the direct opposite of these misconceptions; it is a very durable yet flexible and stylish material with a look and feel that can improve with age. Leather has been used for centuries to produce such items as clothing (jackets, boots, and belts), book bindings, and even wallpaper, which should certainly bode well for its use in the production of furniture such as sofas, chairs, and ottomans.
To help homeowners in choosing their new leather sofa and chair set, here are 10 important points that they may want to take into consideration:
- Where will this furniture go in the home – family room, living room, library, den?
- How will the sofa/chair be used most often – formally or casually? and by whom?
- Where will the furniture be positioned in relation to doors, windows, other pieces?
- How much floor space can it occupy without becoming a hindrance to foot traffic?
- Points of access to the room – how wide are doorways, steps? (and the windows?)
- Account for the family’s lifestyle and align the type of leather with anticipated needs:
- Fully-dyed for a rich and deep colour – softest but most expensive option
- Dyed then protected with a thin coating – better to withstand stains/fading
- Pigmented (surface-colour) – well-protected and less expensive; not as soft
- Cost versus fabric styles – balance initial outlay against a three-fold longer lifespan
- Style of other pieces in the room and the home – casual, contemporary, traditional?
- Choose a colour to match room décor (less emphasis on which colour cleans better)
- Avoid combining leather with vinyl/fabric in the same piece (leather will outlast both)
Furniture buyers looking for more help and tips on the selection of leather furniture for their home are encouraged to visit the Carrocel fine furniture store, located near Yorkdale Mall in Toronto; here, they can browse Carrocel’s 20,000 square-foot showroom to view their vast inventory of leather chairs and sofas, in a variety of styles and colours, while simultaneously taking advantage of the knowledge and insight available from Carrocel’s experienced staff.
A Superb Selection of Leather Sofas, Chairs, and Ottomans to Suit Your Home
With the proper investment of time, effort, and research, homeowners can add comfort and style to a living room, family room, or den with the purchase of new leather furniture from the fine furniture experts at Carrocel. And this decision-making process can be streamlined by visiting the Carrocel showroom, where buyers can view such exquisite leather pieces as:
- Rustic Storage Leather Ottoman
- Vintage Barcelona Style Leather Chair
- Custom Leather Tufted Silver Leaf Carved Sofa by Carrocel
- Vintage Barcelona Style Leather Chair Industria Argentina
These selections, and the many other high-end leather sofas, chairs, and ottomans available from Carrocel, will provide homeowners an ideal and enduring combination of the following:
For further insight on the scope of leather furniture currently available from Carrocel, please visit our Living Room page.
Looking to add a new leather sofa and chair set to your home décor? Speak with an expert from Carrocel fine furniture to determine the size, style, and colour of leather furniture that best suits your room and your needs. Call Carrocel today at 647-694-4683 or Contact us to request a complimentary consultation at your convenience.