All You Need to Know About Buying Canadian-Made Custom Furniture
People’s standards for quality of life have steadily increased over the years. As such, it’s no surprise that there has been a greater demand for high-grade living environments, resulting in a boom in the luxury custom furniture market. High-end custom-made furniture offers better quality as well as a unique design, making it a popular choice for those who are looking to elevate their living space.
However, it is important to bear in mind that the price of custom-made furniture is often higher than that of regular ready-made products. In order to get the most out of your investment, it is important to ensure that the furniture being purchased is of the highest quality.
Globalization Changed the Canadian Furniture Industry
Globalization has changed the furniture industry in Canada, as well as many other industries. Thanks to an increase in foreign investment and competition from foreign markets, the Canadian furniture industry has had to adapt in order to remain competitive.
As such, many Canadian manufacturers have begun producing furniture offshore to take advantage of less expensive materials and labour. While this has reduced the price of furniture, it comes at the cost of quality. This is why, if you’re looking to upgrade your living environment, you should buy Canadian-made furniture instead.
Why Canadian-Made Custom Furniture is Superior
The following are some of the specific reasons why you should opt to purchase custom-made furniture made in Canada instead of furniture produced outside the country:
Although furniture custom-made in Canada is going to be more expensive, that extra cost is going into the use of higher quality materials as well as better craftsmanship. This leads to furniture that can last for many years.
Much of the wooden furniture made outside Canada is actually a composite material, not real wood. While composite materials are cheaper to produce and have some benefits in terms of water resistance, they don’t possess the same strength and durability as real wood.
Canadian-made furniture, on the other hand, is usually made from solid wood that is both strong and durable. Even if you manage to import furniture made from real wood, it still needs to acclimate to the Canadian climate if it is not made locally. It’s not uncommon for imported wood furniture that hasn’t acclimated to the dry winters and humid summers to crack and warp.
Environmentally Friendly Products
Canadian-made custom furniture is often produced in an environmentally responsible manner. This is in part because the Canadian government has implemented regulations when it comes to the production of furniture, making sure that any processes used are not harmful to the environment. For example, Canada has stricter logging regulations compared to other countries.
It’s not difficult to find Canadian furniture manufacturers that use wood products from sustainably managed forests, while eco-friendly finishes are used to give the furniture a unique look. In addition, many of the suppliers use renewable energy sources and take steps to reduce their carbon footprint.
Supporting the Local Economy
Buying Canadian-made furniture also helps to support the local economy since all the profits stay within Canada. This money goes towards supporting the jobs of local artisans and craftspeople, as well as providing taxes that are used to fund public programs. Furthermore, purchasing Canadian-made furniture can be seen as an investment in the country’s economic future.
Factors that Prove Pieces are High Quality
It’s easy to state that the work on custom-made furniture in Canada is superior to the ready-made furniture brought in from abroad, but what are the actual reasons for this? The following are a few examples of why Canadian-made custom furniture is of higher quality:
- Corner Block Reinforces and Strengthens the Corners: Canadian-made custom furniture often utilizes corner blocks to reinforce and strengthen the corners. This process helps to ensure that the furniture is sturdier and is less likely to become loose or broken over time.
- Dovetail Joints Resist Separation: Dovetail joints are used to join two pieces of wood together and provide extra stability. The dovetail joints used in Canadian-made furniture are very tight and resist separation, which prevents furniture from becoming loose as it ages.
- Hardwood Frames for Strength and Durability: The use of hardwood frames instead of particle board or plywood provides strength and durability. Hardwood frames are much more resistant to warping, cracking, and splitting than other types of wood. This means your furniture will last much longer and retain its original shape and aesthetic better.
- Web and Coil Construction: Web and coil construction refers to how Canadian-made custom furniture is constructed. This method uses a series of webbing and coils to create a strong, supportive frame that can withstand years of use.
Material Quality Requirements for High-End Custom Furniture
If you’re planning to buy high-end custom furniture in Canada, then it’s essential that the furniture you buy exhibits the following high-end materials:
- Custom solid wood furniture materials
- Custom panel furniture materials
- Leather furniture fabric
- Custom furniture sponge
- Metal furniture materials
- Furniture hardware accessories
Order High-End Custom Furniture from Carrocel
At Carrocel, we offer high-end custom furniture that is expertly crafted by experienced artisans using the best materials available. Our furniture is designed to meet the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Come down to our showroom in Toronto, contact us online, or call 416-999-2525 today.
Carrocel Custom Walnut Dining Table with Brass Details
- Hand crafted in a rift cut walnut wood
- Squared tapered pedestal design with brass details
- Carrocel Custom Walnut Dining Table with Brass Details
Set of 10 Custom Round Back Modern Dining Chairs Arrondi Chairs
- Sleek black lacquer frame
- Modern velvet fabric
- Set of 10 Custom Round Back Modern Dining Chairs Arrondi Chairs
Modern Faux Shagreen Coffee Table with Macassar Nesting Tables
- Textured faux shagreen top framed in stainless steel
- Beautiful pullout nesting tables in rich macassar woods
- Modern Faux Shagreen Coffee Table with Macassar Nesting Tables
- Choosing a Custom Luxury Furniture Maker in Toronto
- Ready-Made vs. Custom Furniture: Deciding Which is Right for You