A Unique Chest of Drawers Can Add Instant Appeal to a Room
How to Include it in Your Decorating Ideas
Looking for simple living room and bedroom decorating ideas? Adding a unique chest of drawers can have a dramatic effect on your home décor. It’s the first thing that catches the eye as you enter a room and sets the tone for a stylish experience.
To make it really special, choose an antique or vintage piece. Nothing is more charming than an ornate old chest that oozes historical charm. It infuses the living area with class and character while enveloping your bedroom with mystery and romance.
The type of chest you select and where you place it impacts the success of your decoration ideas. Our décor experts have a few tips based on style and function to help you achieve a stunning finish.
Style your bedroom
- Chest or dresser: Having a vintage chest of drawers in your bedroom gives you extra storage space as well as adds an element of style. Place a decorative mirror on the wall above and convert it into a beautiful dresser, if you like. Use the top to display your personal favourites. By keeping the colours the same as your headboard and mirror or different, you can tone it up or down for a calming or dramatic effect.
- Multi-functional TV stand: If you need to maximize space, place the chest under your wall-mounted TV or use it as a television stand. Offset it with a few display pieces or even an assortment of vases (remember that groups of 3 work best) to create visual detail.
- Two-for-one: Why not incorporate two chests in your bedroom decorating ideas instead of one? Carrocel’s sleek Louis XVI style lingerie chests reach for the top and are a great space saver. You could put them on either side of the room to balance your décor or place them together if you have the space. Their unique purple marble top and graceful cabriole legs will leave your breathless.
Decorate your Parlour
Accent your hallway with stylish storage: Make a big impression right from the start! Wow your guests as they enter the door with Carrocel’s Custom Antique Danish Style Commode. Available in any finish or size, it’s an excellent piece for your parlour and hallway, living and dining room or any other space in your home. Or see Carrocel’s fine collection of chests for a piece that will accentuate your unique decorating style. Add a mirror and a vintage lamp or decorative candle stands to create an aura of sophistication. Change up your home décor! Break out your ornate chests into the open.
Beautify your living and dining room
- Refined elegance: Take your living room from boring to beautiful with Carrocel’s EJ Victor Randall Tysinger St. Vincent Painted Commode Chest. The oversized solid brass hardware and custom lacquer paint finish combine traditional French design with modern simplicity. It won’t matter what other furniture or accessories you have in the room.
- Keep it subtle but stunning: If subtle is your style, then our Vintage Country 2-Tone Commode Server is the perfect choice. Graceful lines, fine detail curved legs and accents, and fine detail adorn this beautiful and unique piece. Refinished with a distressed black finish and cream top, it makes an elegant dinner companion for family celebrations, festive occasions or a homely gathering of friends.
Be Inspired by the Stylish Home Decorating Ideas on Display at Carrocel
Customers love the exciting displays in our huge Carrocel showroom in Toronto that inspire their decorating ideas. Whether it is bedroom decorating ideas you are in search of, or any other room in your house, our fine furniture is sure to ignite your design spirit. We have items from all around the world and offer many options to personalize upholstery and finish. Our experienced staff will be happy to show you around, discuss your decorating ideas and help you make a selection.
To check out our wide variety of chests and drawers, please visit our furniture showroom. Call us at 416-999-2525 for more information.