A Guide to Accessorizing Your Bedroom
High-End Bedroom Accessories and Furniture to Add Warmth, Comfort, and Appeal
Of all the rooms in a home, the bedroom might be the most intriguing from the perspective that it may be the most used space from a percentage-of-time standpoint but the area that receives the least amount of attention in terms of its décor. This could be due to the fact that the bedroom is seen primarily as a functional space, i.e. a place to sleep, to store one’s clothing, and to perhaps watch some late-night television, rather than a room/area in which to socialize or dine with family and friends.
Consequently, the bedroom décor can be somewhat underwhelming in nature; sure, there is a traditional set of furniture in the room – a comfortable bed, a dresser and/or vanity, night tables and table lamps – but there may be little else that catches the eye or brightens the room where the homeowners start and conclude most of the days of their respective lives.
But should this be the norm in bedroom décor? The short answer is no; for the reason that a bedroom offers the homeowner a unique combination of privacy, comfort, and sanctuary, its décor should be worthy of extra attention on the part of its occupants. And before one’s thoughts jump to the time, effort, and expense of a complete makeover, including a new set of bedroom furniture, the answer may lie in a less dramatic approach – accessorizing.
Accessorizing a bedroom means adding the special touches that will enhance the look of the existing furniture, and add the warmth and character necessary to revitalize and sustain the overall appeal of that living space. And Toronto residents can find these special touches for their homes in the inventory of high-end bedroom furniture and accessories currently on display in the Carrocel fine furniture showroom, centrally located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue near the Yorkdale Mall.
The approach to decorating a bedroom should be aimed at satisfying two critical purposes: functional and ornamental/decorative. The types of bedroom accessories that would fulfill each of these objectives could include:
- Lamps and lighting fixtures
- Accent seating and area rugs
- Clocks, books, vases, and candles
- Cushions, throw pillows, and blankets
- Window coverings (shades, curtains, blinds)
- Mirrors and crystal
- Floral arrangements
- Knick-knack shelving
- Artwork and photographs
- Personal or sentimental items
It must be kept in mind that accessorizing should complement not overpower the bedroom furniture, nor should it inhibit the daily use of the room. The furniture should remain as the central focus of the bedroom, with the accessories adding an air of character and enhancing its overall comfort and appeal.
A Visit to the Carrocel Showroom Can Inspire Ideas for Accessorizing a Bedroom
Homeowners interested in accessorizing a bedroom may be inspired by visiting the Carrocel fine furniture showroom; throughout this 20,000 square-foot display area, homeowners can browse a superb selection of high-end bedroom accessories to find the piece or pieces that may best complement their master suite or their guest room.
Carrocel offers a complete range of bedroom accessories that will appeal to all tastes from vintage to mid-century modern to contemporary; based on their personal decorating style and the floor area/space of a bedroom or guest room, homeowners can choose from a wide variety of:
- Occasional Chairs
- Lamps and Mirrors
- Stools and Benches
- And much more …
Some of the exceptional bedroom accessories & Vanities currently for sale in the Carrocel fine furniture store showroom include:
19th Century Antique Wall Mirror
- Large 19th century original antique mirror
- A shiny foil-finish frame with ornate detail
- 19th Century Antique Wall Mirror
Italian Brass and Star Motif Vanity
- Supported by three round, brass posts that stretch down to form an angled base
- Glass top, adjustable oval mirror, and a frosted glass lower shelf with a star motif
- Italian Brass and Star Motif Vanity
Art Deco Vanity with Black Marble Top
- A light grey high-gloss wood case; door handles accented with brushed brass
- Black marble top, washable fabric-lined drawers, scalloped-edge tri-fold mirror
- Art Deco Vanity with Black Marble Top
Beige Velvet Swivel Shell Occasional Chairs (Pair)
- Sloped shell backs and rounded seats, upholstered in beige velvet
- Chairs rest on circular brass rings, which allow them to swivel freely
- Pair of Beige Velvet Swivel Shell Occasional Chairs
Vintage Olive Burl Vanity Cabinet with Mirror
- Olive burl restored by Carrocel artisans to a rich espresso brown
- Large oval swivel mirror – cabinet has open shelves at each end
- Curved wooden feet – cabinet doors still have their original knobs
- Vintage Olive Burl Vanity Cabinet with Mirror
Compact Black Hide and Stainless-Steel Greek Key-Framed Stools (Pair)
- Black cowhide tops – brushed stainless x-base frames with a Greek key design
- Pair of Compact Black Hide and Stainless Steel Greek Key Framed Stools
Custom Carrocel Modern Grey Velvet and Chrome Chaise Lounge
- Thin linear polished chrome frame with detached cushion and removable bolster roll
- On hand in dove-grey upholstery; customizable to specific dimensions and upholstery
- Carrocel Custom Modern Grey Velvet and Chrome Chaise Lounge
Looking for the ideal high-end bedroom accessories to add warmth, comfort, and appeal to the master bedroom or guest room in your home? Visit the Carrocel furniture showroom near the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto and speak with a knowledgeable representative to help inspire ideas that suit your personality and style. Call Carrocel today at 416-999-2525 or contact us to request a complimentary consultation at your convenience.