Carrocel’s High-End Furniture is Ideally Suited for the Latest in Here-to-Stay Décor
There is no lack of examples from recent history of highly-popular notions that soon became mere footnotes; remember Beanie Babies, the Macarena, Tickle Me Elmo, and Pokémon Go?
Many people can likely recall or at least relate to products/ideas from their lifetime that had promising starts but faded shortly thereafter and with little fanfare. In many of these cases, any discussions about such developments often included a rationalization to the effect that it sounded good at the time, but did not have the staying power to maintain public interest; in essence, that product or idea became a short-term fad rather than a long-standing trend.
This was the theme of a recent segment of CBC television’s The Goods, a daily daytime talk show that offers viewers advice on a healthier, happier, and more sophisticated lifestyle. In this episode, the co-hosts examined home décor from a perspective of what is on-trend and here-to-stay, i.e. ideas and designs that have staying power; and several pieces of high-end furniture and accessories from Carrocel were prominently featured during that segment of the program.
The program began with the co-hosts light-heartedly romanticizing past fads in home décor; this banter highlighted such memorable decorating statements as:
- Shag carpeting
- Wood-panelled walls
- Completely white rooms
- Avocado-coloured appliances
- Matching furniture fabric and wallpaper
The exchange then transitioned from the outlandish to the sublime, with the show’s design expert leading a review of several décor trends that have become more and more accepted and are destined to remain in vogue for many years; these chic design trends included:
- Luxury Furniture that provides comfort without sacrificing style: large, cozy pieces with a tailored design that does not make them appear too bulky or overwhelming in any space
- Jewel Tones: vibrant and distinctive colours that are rich yet soothing and sophisticated;this colourful high-end sofa from Carrocel fine furniture was used as an illustration:
Pair of Mid-Century Jack Lenor Larsen Sofas/Settees/Loveseats
- Each with one large seat cushion, curved backrests, straight sides, caster wheels
- Upholstered in a patterned velvety fabric in various shades of red, blue, and grey
- View Here
- Mixing Metals: choosing a dominant metal and accenting it with one or two other types; additional depth can be incorporated by utilizing different shades of the dominant option
- Distressed and Natural Wood: shifting away from the importance placed on technological advances over the previous decade and turning back to more natural tones and textures
- Edison Bulbs: imaginative lighting that is visible through clear shades or no shades at all
- Nailhead Detail: a feature commonly used to outline the tailored arms of high-end sofas and chairs which furniture manufacturers are now applying in a more decorative fashion through different types of patterns, spacing, and nailhead sizes
- a nailhead dresser from Carrocel was utilized to help demonstrate this stylish trend:
Modern Linen-Wrapped Chest with Decorative Nail Trim
- Completed wrapped in off-white linen and decorated with a nailhead trim
- Dresser has three drawers and sits above a scalloped base on bracket feet
- View Here
The team from Carrocel was delighted to contribute some of its luxury furniture for use in this episode of The Goods as it provided corroboration that their inventory of fine pieces and accessories is ideally suited for the latest trends in here-to-stay home décor.
An Exquisite Collection of High-End Furniture and Accessories for Your Home
Homeowners looking to keep pace with these latest trends in home décor are invited to visit the Carrocel furniture store showroom, located at 245 Bridgeland Avenue near Yorkdale Mall in Toronto. Throughout Carrocel’s 20,000 square-foot display floor, area homeowners can view an exquisite collection of high-end furniture and accessories that will be sure to deliver the right look, comfort, and style for their home over the foreseeable future and beyond.
In addition to the luxury furniture pieces featured on The Goods, here are some of the other colourful sofas and nailhead dressers currently on display in the Carrocel showroom:
Gio Ponti Upholstered Settee
- Seat is wrapped in rich black velvet; has a tufted backrest with five buttons
- Armrests are accented in a tiger red and black velvet with matching buttons
- View Here
Carrocel Revival Curved-Back Retro Settee in Burnt Orange Mohair
- A mid-century modern settee with a low, curved back; sits on four tapered brass feet
- Reupholstered in a burnt orange mohair fabric; has a single cushion for added comfort
- View Here
Criteria Entertainment Console by Bernhardt
- Traditional-style media unit constructed of ash veneers and finished in heather grey
- Trimmed in stainless steel on the top and bottom; Demilune motif on its three doors
- View Here
Modern Linen-Wrapped Cabinet
- White linen wrapped around doors and sides; has nailhead trim in a circular pattern
- Serpentine wood on the top and scalloped base adds a finishing touch to this dresser
- View Here
The Carrocel fine furniture store offers an extraordinary selection of high-end furniture and accessories for all rooms and areas of a home including:
- Dining Areas
- Living Rooms
- In-Home Offices
- Dens and Libraries
- Foyers and Hallways
For a more comprehensive appreciation of Carrocel’s current inventory, stop by their 20,000 square-foot showroom near the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto or Visit our Website.
For more information on the latest trends in here-to-stay décor, call the high-end furniture specialists from Carrocel fine furniture today at 416-999-2525 or Contact us to arrange a complimentary consultation at your convenience.